Ch 54 | The Devil

Y/N's POV:

"Aera?!" Kai gapes, slamming his hands down on the table. "Kang Aera showed up as the model?!"

"She did," Yoongi grimaces down at his untouched salad bowl. "She used a stage name so the upper executives didn't catch it. The third-party company we use to screen candidates didn't see any issue with her since her criminal background came back clean."

"Damn, we never pressed charges," Jimin says in awe. "The company kept everything under the table to avoid the press, so it makes sense why it wasn't caught."

"Did Namjoon have to model with her?" Kai asks with a horrified expression, but his brows furrow down when you and Yoongi awkwardly avoid his eyes. "What? Was there a replacement?"

"You're looking at her," Yoongi sighs, frustratedly running his hand through his hair. You shrink in your seat as Kai and Jimin's jaws land in their laps.

Kai finally called after waking up and refused to wait to hear what happened, so he and Jimin came along to your lunch plans with Yoongi. You wanted something fattening and comforting but Jimin can only have salads right now due to his strict diet, so you ended up at a healthy restaurant despite your protests.

"You modeled with Hyung?" Jimin asks with his mouth hanging open. "The semi-nude photo shoot?"

Yoongi pulls out his phone and opens it up before sliding it across the table. You gasp when you see it's a photo of you on Namjoon's lap with his right hand around your throat and his left hand gripping your thigh. Kai snatches it up before you can, his hand slapping over his mouth in complete shock.

"What the hell?" you grit through your teeth, glaring at Yoongi. "You took a picture of that?"

"Of course I did," he scoffs, angrily crossing his arms over his chest. "I need to remember this. Aera's going to pay for the position she put you in. And I'm also going to kick Namjoon's ass for touching you like that."

"Damn," Jimin huffs, zooming in on the photo. "Namjoon-hyung didn't hold back at all."

"Not even a little," Yoongi hisses, throwing you a side-eye. You let out a long groan as your forehead meets the table, wishing you could just disappear. On the car ride over here, Yoongi kept his hand on your thigh without saying a word. His jaw was clenched the entire time, and you could almost see him plotting Namjoon's murder in his head.

"You seem pretty pissed off," Kai says, his tone getting a little more serious. "You do know this wasn't [Y/N]'s fault, right?"

His voice is almost threatening, and your chest swells watching your best friend immediately go into defensive mode for you. Yoongi tongues his cheek in irritation but breaks eye contact because there's nothing he can say to argue.

"I know," he frowns. "And I didn't handle it very well."

"What did you say to her?" Kai asks as more of a growl. He can probably see the swollen skin around your eyes now. It's not super noticeable anymore but Kai can tell since he has context.

"We're fine, Kai," you say to him, turning his attention towards you. "We fought for a little bit, but we talked it out. It was just a shitty situation."

"Then why does Hyung still seem so angry?" Jimin asks, and before you can make an excuse, Yoongi's already speaking.

"Because [Y/N] refuses to admit Namjoon likes her."

"We don't know that!" you whine. "Sure, there are some signs, but what he said could've been out of concern as a friend."

He scoffs and says, "You really are naive, baby. He wants you the same way I do."