Ch 60 | Grasping

Y/N's POV:

Fuck, fuck, fuck, you chant in your head, nervously pacing around the makeup area. Nina's watching you lose your mind over in Namjoon's chair, probably a bit confused since she didn't hear the conversation a minute ago.

Once Aera was done threatening you, she skipped off to the other side of the room like nothing ever happened. Nina saw the confrontation but was too far to hear so she came to check on you, but it's like she's not even there. You can't hear or see anything. All you can think about is that photo.

It's bad. It's intimate. And it's hurtful. Yoongi's not angry about the shoot, but that photo getting released to the public will sting. It's going to wedge a knife in his heart all over again, the same way it did when he had to watch it with his own eyes. Your stomach is in knots knowing how badly that photo could hurt him.

Chances are, the company could easily explain the situation to the press and the fans. You were modeling. Namjoon was modeling. It meant nothing.

But Yoongi's the one you're worried about. That picture is different from the one he already took on his phone. Somehow Aera captured one much, much worse.

It could also damage Namjoon's reputation. He doesn't want to be seen as a kid anymore, but that doesn't mean the public needs to see a photo of his privates like that. He might be totally fine with it, or he might be really hurt and disgusted by it.

"Nabi!" Yoongi whisper-yells, yanking you from your thoughts with his hands on your shoulders. Your eyes snap to his and he looks almost terrified, his wide eyes anxiously searching your face. "Jesus, woman, I said your name like six times! Are you okay?"

You glance around and notice staff members shuffling around everywhere, since apparently the interview is already over. Yoongi, Namjoon, and Kai are around you, looking at you with concern in their eyes.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay," you nod slowly, not realizing you'd zoned out for so long. At least an hour had to have gone by while you were lost in thought, and they probably already know Aera came and spoke to you since Nina's on the other side of Kai.

"What did she say to you?" Namjoon asks, and your shoulders tense when you're forced to remember the situation you're stuck in. Looking into all of their eyes, you know this isn't the time or the place for this conversation.

"C-can we talk about it later?" you ask, feeling your throat tightening. It's especially hard to look in Yoongi's eyes right now, and he knows you're not okay. "With Mr. Song and Mrs. Shin too."

Asking for those two immediately tells them something's really wrong. Yoongi forces himself to let go of your shoulders before anything becomes suspicious but Kai doesn't give a damn and wraps you into his arms, squeezing you tightly.

"I should've punched her at the ramen shop," he hisses through his teeth, forcing you to huff out a laugh. Namjoon grabs Yoongi and drags him to the dressing room to get changed, knowing he's barely containing himself. You watch the fear in his eyes shift to anger as he's pulled away, and you know he's plotting eight different ways he can dismember Aera.

"Is it bad?" Kai asks softly, running his hand over your hair. Your hands grip the sides of his jacket and you nod, feeling sick to your stomach right now. He doesn't ask anymore questions because he knows you'll break down if he does, so he decides to hug you a little longer before helping you clean up your station.

"Sorry your first day had to be such a shit show," Kai chuckles, turning towards Nina.

"It's okay," she shakes her head, zipping up her bag. "It was a little more drama than I'm used to, but it's nice to see how much you all care about each other. I'm not used to working at a place where everyone is so supportive."