Ch 61 | Physical Key

Y/N's POV:

This is BigHit Entertainment

We would like to remind everyone that any photos or videos shared of the BTS members without authorization will face legal and criminal charges. Our top priority is their health and safety. Please respect the artists privacy, and we thank you for your continued support.

"Well that was short and simple," Kai chuckles, sipping his coffee across the table from you. He looks relatively dressed down considering his usual fashion sense, wearing just a gray hoodie and blue jeans. "Hopefully that's enough to scare her. How're you holding up?"

"I'm okay," you sigh, poking your fork into your tiramisu. "It's just been a crazy 24 hours."

"You can say that again," he snorts.

Kai invited you and Sunny out for coffee and brunch but Sunny couldn't make it since she's meeting with Jenna's potential daycare today. They're making sure to put her in a school with other foreigners so she doesn't have to face much bullying. She looks stereotypically Asian except for those piercing blue eyes.

"Are you and Jimin still fighting?" you ask.

"Kind of," he grumbles, avoiding your eyes. "We had angry sex last night after leaving Yoongi's place, but we didn't really make up. It's still awkward."

"Are you still mad he didn't tell you about Jeongyeon?"

"Of course I am," he grimaces, angrily glaring down at his mug. "Wouldn't you be?"

You frown and say, "You know you're the only one he loves."

"That's not what I'm angry about," he shakes his head. "It's just the principle of an ex being present. I felt like an idiot who had no idea about anything. Plus, Aera was able to sneak back into our lives due to him being a pussy. He pretty much ghosted Jeongyeon without a proper explanation."

"That really doesn't sound like Jimin," you say, making Kai slump back in his seat.

"It doesn't, but he did it. He fucked her and left her. Apparently he freaked out because it kind of solidified he likes men. He didn't know what to do so he ran."

"I'm sure coming to terms with his sexuality was hard."

"I know it was," he sighs, frustratedly running his hand through his hair. "And trust me, I get it. I just... don't like it. His behavior was childish... Yet at the same time, I understand it. I don't know how to explain it."

"You're disappointed in him," you say, making his eyes meet yours. "Jimin is usually someone who puts others first and wouldn't hurt a fly. He sang happy birthday to a bug on stage one time. Yet he probably destroyed Jeongyeon's confidence as a woman."

"That's exactly it," Kai says quietly, looking back down. "I'm disappointed. Jimin and I are feminists. It makes my stomach turn to know he hurt someone like Jeongyeon."

"He's human, Kai."

"I know, I know. And I'm no saint; I've hurt plenty of people before. I think I'm stuck on it because his carelessness allowed Aera back in the picture. I'm worried about you."

"I'm okay," you smile, grabbing his hand over the table. "Yoongi is too. I'm sure Jimin feels terrible, just talk to him about it."

He rolls his eyes and says, "Fine. But I swear to god you'd better tell me if you're ever not okay again. Don't keep me in the dark, I hate that more than anything."

"I promise," you nod. You're a little overwhelmed, but you're okay. So much has happened lately it's hard to keep up with.

"Enough about me," Kai smiles. "How're you feeling about Nina? You seem oddly calm about Yoongi having a new female makeup artist."