Ch 39 | Streamers

Y/N's POV:

"You'd better text me every single day."

"I will, Unnie," you roll your eyes. "I'm about to deplane, can I go now?"

"Wow, you fly back to South Korea and then I'm just unimportant?" she scoffs.

"No, it's because you've already told me the same thing three hundred times."

"Fine. Whatever. I miss you."

You giggle and say, "I miss you too," before finally hanging up. It was a grueling ten hour flight but you're finally back where you belong, nothing but a small backpack and Nala's cat carrier just like last time. Mr. Song had that same moving company help out with your luggage again so you wouldn't have to worry about it.

"Hey beautiful," Kai grins, squeezing you so tightly you almost choke. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," you laugh, squeezing him back. No surprise he's dressed like he's about to walk the red carpet, decked out in a leather jacket and leather pants with a simple-looking white t-shirt, but you recognize that Louis Vuitton logo. There's no way it's less than $500. He makes you look homeless while you're in your sweats with no makeup, your hair in a messy bun on the top of your head.

He proceeds to take your things for you, regardless of your protests, and then starts telling you all about his time with Jimin over the last three days. Yoongi wasn't allowed to join him when picking you up because the company didn't trust him to behave in public, but he's dropping you off at Yoongi's place and taking Nala home for you.

After putting the cat carrier in the back he opens the passenger door for you, but you pause as nausea washes over you. "M-maybe you should just take me back to my apartment," you mumble, your chest starting to get a little tight. The last time you went to Yoongi's condo, you walked in on him in bed with Aera.

"Don't do this, Nabi," he says, patting your head. "You know you need to do this."

"Do I?" you ask shakily, tears brimming in your eyes. "Do I need to walk back inside that building and through that door?"

Your hands grip the hoodie over your stomach as you remember how awful that night was. He'd called you over and sounded really weird over the phone, but you had the wrong idea. Embarrassingly, you'd actually thought maybe he had some sort of surprise or gift waiting for you that he was too excited to act normal about. You left your place excited.

And that only made you feel even more pathetic.

When he first asked you to come over after landing you said no. As if he knew you were going to say that, he begged you and spent hours reassuring you, asking for a chance to prove himself. He promised this would be huge for the both of you, wanting to get this milestone out of the way as soon as possible. Sunny actually talked you into saying yes, but now you're not feeling so sure.

"Hey, come here," Kai says, pulling you into his arms as tears start to roll down your cheeks. "You know it's just going to be him. And if it wouldn't scare you off, he'd probably be on one knee proposing."

Of course your best friend is able to get a chuckle out of you, your face burying into his chest as you try to calm down. Logically, you know Yoongi's at home waiting for you. Alone. Probably with flowers and dinner already prepared.

"You're right," you exhale, trying to believe in his words. It's definitely better to get this over with. Sunny assured you it won't hurt as badly after the first one, and even if you didn't trust Yoongi or yourself, you trust her. Kai too.

"I always am," he winks, stuffing you into the car. You have him give you more details on his time with Jimin, even letting him tell you all about their kinky sex when they saw each other for the first time in weeks. You'll listen to anything as a distraction at this point.