Ch 75 | Bandages

Author's POV:

Flashback continued:

"He's not answering," Jimin whimpers, dialing up Kai's phone number again. "It's going straight to voicemail and neither of their locations are showing."

"They're working on it," Mrs. Shin says, putting her hand on Jimin's shoulder. "We're trying to track the cell towers from their last phone calls."

"And she didn't say anything about Kai?" Jimin asks Yoongi, tears streaming down his face. "He's never turned his location off before."

"No," Yoongi shakes his head, standing behind the IT guys trying to track down your latest location. "She actually mentioned she was alone and needed to focus on driving, which doesn't make any sense considering Kai and Mr. Song were there to drive her."

Everyone is at the company, including the other members and their managers. Seokjin brought Hana and Hye also showed up with Gina to see if there's anything they can do. Yoongi called Sunny and told her what was going on, and she's on her way here while Jeffrey watches Jenna.

"What if something bad happened?" Jimin whispers shakily, burying his face into his hands. "Oh my god, what do I do?"

"Anything from Mr. Song?" Namjoon asks Mrs. Shin.

"Not yet," she shakes her head. "He said they left together around 7 and they never came back. He's looking around for his car but said he didn't see- oh, he's calling." She slides the bar over to answer and places the phone on speaker. "Hey. Anything?"

"Um..." he says, the tremble in his voice making everyone's stomach drop. "Yeah, we found something. I don't think anyone else needs to see it though."

Yoongi's knees are close to buckling. He's never felt fear like this in his life, and the only thing keeping him breathing is the thought of you back in his arms again.

"What is it?" Jimin asks, yanking the phone from Mrs. Shin's hand. "Did you find them?"

"No, not exactly," Mr. Song mumbles. "But we found... blood. A lot of it. And the cops were already on scene."

Yoongi somehow stays standing but Jimin doesn't. He collapses to the floor and Jungkook barely catches him in time.

"Whose?" he chokes out. "What happened?"

"I don't know yet, I'm on my way to the nearest hospital. I heard sirens outside the building earlier but I didn't think much of it. I thought it was across the street."

"Did the police say anything?" Seokjin asks, placing both hands on Yoongi's shoulders.

Mr. Song's quiet for a few seconds, tears welling in Yoongi's eyes as Jimin tries to quiet his breathing. "There was a stabbing," he finally says, all the air leaving everyone's lungs. "An unidentified male. Japanese."

"No!" Jimin screams, Jungkook pulling him into his arms as he breaks down into heavy sobs. Jimin bawls and yells for him to let go, but his punches gradually get weaker as JK refuses to budge.

Yoongi's paralyzed. His head is light as a feather while his legs feel like they're stuck in cement. There was a part of him that was hoping you'd just gotten cold feet. That you were running away for more time to clear your head.

But he should've known you'd never abandon him like that.

"I'm so sorry," Mr. Song chokes out, the sound of their mentor breaking down putting tears in everyone's eyes now. "I should've walked them out and made sure they were okay."