Ch 31 | Wholly & Truly

Y/N's POV:

"Namjoon and I were never romantically seeing each other."

Yoongi's quiet for a few moments and your heart feels like it's about to explode from anxiety. It's possible that sentence could ruin everything between you two all over again, and you're gripping onto his t-shirt over his chest for dear life, keeping your face buried into the crook of his neck.

You don't regret anything and you don't feel guilty about taking comfort in Namjoon, but you're so scared of Yoongi misunderstanding again, especially after hearing what he's been through. It would be pretty normal of him to assume the worst in this situation, since most girls probably would have been with Namjoon for revenge. There's really not a better way to get back at Yoongi than by fucking his bandmate and leader. But that's genuinely not why you did it. Not one time did you press your lips to Namjoon's and feel good about Yoongi's pain.

Yoongi finally takes a deep breath, his strong hand running over your hair again before asking, "Can you explain a little more? What do you mean you weren't seeing him romantically?"

You swallow down the lump in your throat and say, "It was just physical. We never had feelings for each other."

Now your heartbeat is so loud all you can hear is the crackling of the firewood. His hand continues to gently smooth over your hair, which is probably the only thing keeping your budding panic attack at bay.

"Can I ask how it started?"

"It was the day of that photoshoot, when you came up and asked me if Namjoon was my next victim."

His body tenses and you can almost feel the regret oozing from his chest.

"He knew something was up," you continue, trying to force down your tears. "And he convinced me to tell him everything. At that point we didn't know what Aera had done, so all I could go off of was what happened between us."

His cheek presses to the top of your head again, instantly calming your nerves the tiniest bit. And before you chicken out, you force out the next part.

"So Namjoon offered to let me use him. I wasn't with him to make you jealous, I just wanted to show you I was fine. I wanted to prove I could move on just like you did. At first it was just some harmless flirting, he's got his own issues to deal with, and then at some point it turned physical too. But we were both very aware that neither of us had feelings for one another."

There's another long stretch of silence and you're getting more nervous with each second. It can be really hard to read Yoongi, so there's no point in looking at his face right now since it's most likely stoic and expressionless. But you can't help it and you push up off of him to look in his eyes.

Your brows furrow down in confusion when you see a very different look on his face than you expected. There's no anger or irritation at all. If anything, he looks relieved.

"Oh thank god," he exhales, cupping your cheek to wipe your tears. You watch ten pounds of stress and worry instantly leave his shoulders, his eyes softening as they search yours. "I was so anxious about you falling for Namjoon. Thank you for telling me the truth."

"Y-you're not mad?" you ask in confusion, the left side of his mouth curving up into a smirk.

"You said you didn't do anything to hurt me so I can't get mad," he says. "And now I don't have to stress about hurting Namjoon if he never fell for you in the first place."

Well he almost did, you think to yourself, but you'll keep that a secret for now because Yoongi's not angry and that's all that matters. After a few seconds of staring blankly at him in both shock and awe, you let out a long exhale. You can feel all the weight and anxiousness you've been carrying the past few days evaporate, making it feel like a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders.