Us

We met in a location that meant something to both of us. It's where we would meet when our worlds were falling apart. I walk up to the spot in a little all-black sweatsuit set. I made sure to put on an all-black bomber to be low-key. I was getting close to the location when I saw a shadow. I quickly stopped and started to walk backward, but I ran into someone.

"I knew you would get stage fright," Mac said, and I got chills down my spine. "No, I noticed it wasn't you, so I was leaving," I said, sounding arrogant, trying to save face as I turned around to face him. "That's Monty, my favorite cousin. You remember Monty, right?" He asked; then I felt Monty standing right behind me. He's close enough where I can feel his presence but far enough to where his private isn't near my ass.

"Hey, dragonfly," Monty said, and I chuckled as I turned around to face him. "Hello, dragons den," I said as I felt Mac put his body up against mine. I inhaled, smelling the scent of husk, flowers, and fruit. "How are you doing, Libelle?" Monty said in his German accent. "I'm sure you have social media and watch the news," I said with a disheartened smirk.

Monty nodded, then he bent down and looked me in the eyes. "Wie Geht es Ihnen?" He asked in Dutch, and I chuckled. For him to ask me the same question, but in Dutch, it felt like he was asking me whether I was still who I used to be. "Ich lebe, also werde ich mich nicht beschweren," I said in Dutch, tapping back into who I used to be. A phrase I've always used not to tell the truth. I'm alive so I won't complain.

The very phrase that gets the church folks going and blacks to understand. "You missed us?" Monty asked, and I glared at him. "If I stand out here any longer, someone will notice me," I explained, and everyone nodded, and a car pulled up. "You guys thought of everything." I expressed, and Monty smiled. "It takes a lot to get ahead of you, so we had to work twice as hard," Mac said, with Monty finishing it up at the end.

I was about to speak when Monty spoke. "Alright, sis, I'll see you later. Don't be a stranger." He expressed, and we hugged. Then I got into the car after he opened my door.

In the car

I'm sitting in the front seat of Mac's car as he drives to a disclosed location. "Can I turn this down?" Mac asked, and I glanced over at him, then I nodded. "Sure," I said, and Mac turned the music down. "I know you're not going to fuck me, nor are you trying to fall back in love with me. I honestly want you to be able to be the old Lovely without all the problems that this new Lovely has on her shoulders," he said, and I listened as I looked out the window, understanding that this man still knows me entirely too well.

He turned the music back up, and I felt terrible. "Um..." I awkwardly tried to say something but couldn't think of anything to say. He glanced over at me and smiled, so I took a deep breath. "You don't have to feel obligated to say anything. I am a grown man," he said in a gentle tone. After an hour of us driving completely silent, Mac stopped the car. He parked and got out of the car, and I waited. Mac is the only man I will never try to open my door before, nor will I joke like it. He will not allow it, and I will not attempt to play games with him.

Once he came to my side, he opened my door and held his hand out for mine like he used to, so I took his hand without hesitation. We made it halfway toward the big ass mansion. "Stand here, please," Mac said so kindly, and I nodded cause how could I not feel gentle around this gentleman?

He quickly returned to the car and grabbed two duffel bags from the back seat. Then he walked in front of me and squatted a little. "Jump." He said, and I chuckled as I jumped on his back, and he ensured I wouldn't fall. Once I was secure on his back, he walked up to the house, and it scanned us. "Name?" The house asked, and I became impressed. "Macardle Hakim Levingstone." "Code," she asked, and I looked at him. "Teaghlach." He said in an Irish accent and the door unlocked. Then he entered.