Brick

"I feel so cold baby," I said and Bash looked at me confused. "Baby it feels like Hell's Kitchen in here. Are you okay?" He asked as he got into the bed and touched my forehead. "Damn baby, you're burning up." He said quickly grabbing his phone and calling the doctor.

Two hours later

I'm laying in bed with two IVs because I'm going through a really bad Sickle Cell crisis. Bash is sitting in the chair watching me and the twins are with our parents. "Are you alright baby?" He asked and as weak as I am I still nodded slowly.

"What can I do to help with the pain?" Bash asked and I looked at him with a smile on my face. "Nothing baby you're perfect doing exactly what you're doing right now," I said and he sighed Bash was about to speak when the doctors came rushing into the room. "I have a question and please be honest with me." The female doctor said and I looked at her confused cause she was now being so serious.

"Ma'am?" I asked and she inhaled then she began to speak. "Have you been drinking and smoking?" I looked at her and all the weight lifted off my shoulders. I thought she had something more pressing to ask. "Yes ma'am but the smoking is for pain and I'm over the age of 21 so I know I'm allowed to drink or 10," I said with a smile on my face as I exhaled.

"NOT WHEN YOU'RE SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT!" she screamed at me highly upset and I looked at her so confused and lost. Bashar stood up and walked in front of the bed between her and me. "Ma'am, if Lovely is pregnant, she didn't know and neither did I. My wife would never jeopardize any of our children's life not unborn. My wife and I talk about everything!" Bashar said and I looked at him proudly cause as independent as I am it feels good when he is being my alpha male.

"Did she explain to you that she had a miscarriage?" The Doctor asked and my heart shattered cause how could she tell him and like that. Bash turned around with his back facing them and his eyes began to water. "Leave now!" I said looking at the doctors and they lefts swiftly closing the door. "Baby," I said trying to hold back my tears as tears began to fall down his face.

"Baby, come here please," I said and he stood there looking at me. "How could you go through that alone and not tell me?" He asked still crying and I looked at him. "I didn't want you to look at me how you're looking at me right now but I also didn't want you to blame me," I said as I began crying and he looked at me sadder than before as he walked over to me. "Baby I could never blame you for something that's natural.

I scooted over allowing Bashar to get in the bed with me "I'm sorry." I said and he scooted closer to me as he began to hold me. "Baby you have no reason to be sorry. I get it you were fearful for the first time in a very long time. If I were in your shoes I probably would've done the same thing." Bashar said and I looked at him with a smirk on my face.

"Like a male seahorse?" I asked then I chuckled and he side-eyed me. "As a male seahorse." He said then Bashar kissed my forehead and I nuzzled deeper into his arms. "I love you, baby," I said as I slowly allowed myself to go to sleep.