Just a little practice

"Babe, I told you I was bad at this," Lovely said while braiding my hair. She began looking around, then she got up and walked into my walk-in closet. Then Lovely came out of the closet and walked up to me. I was still sitting on the bed as she stood in front of me. Her big ole belly was just in my face, so I kissed it.

"Here, just wear this, ok." She said, sounding like she was talking to a little kid. Lovely slightly pouted while looking so concerned. "I can't wait to see you do this with our kids," I said, and Lovely smiled, then she kissed my forehead.

"Ok, now run along. Mama has songs to write." Lovely said, sounding like one of the granny's in a Bet movie. I chuckled as she backed up, and I stood up. "Daddy can give you some inspiration," I said, and Lovely began kissing me. I grabbed her waist, and she moved my hands as she pulled away smirking. "What did the doctor say?" she asked, sounding like she was talking to a child, and I looked at her sad as fuck. "Fine," I said, and she chuckled then she kissed my cheek, and I smiled.

"How about I cancel work today and stay home with you?" I asked, and Lovely looked at me so quickly it looked like she would snap it. "No, baby, I'll be fine. You go to work." She said in a calm manner, which had me a little scared. What was she up to that would make her not wanna spend the day with me. Was she cheating? Maybe she and Erykah has something planned, and she's coming to the house? If this is how she felt when I do stuff, I now know how she felt. This feeling hurts every part of me.

"Umm, Ok, baby. Well, I'm only a phone call away if you need me." I said as I began leaving, and she nodded happily.

Six hours later

Usually, Lovely would've called me by now to let me know that she's ok. She also would've called to hear about how my day so far and tell me about hers, but she hasn't. Was she ok? Was she with someone? Did songwriting run longer than she thought?

There were so many questions running through my mind and not enough answers. I was about to call Lovely when my phone rang. "Hello?" I asked, answering it on the first ring without looking at the caller id cause I was using my headphones.

"Hey baby, my phone is broken. It fell down the stairs and broke, so I'm using Nicki's phone to let you know." Lovely said, and my heart went racing when I heard it broke and fell. It kind of calmed down the more Lovely explained.

"I'ma buy a new one tomorrow, but I just wanted to let you know before your mind goes to some crazy places." She said, but it was already too late. My mind had been there and did the crip walk while it was sightseeing.

"Anyways, I hope your day is going by fast, and everything is excellent. I'll see you tonight when you get home." Lovely said, then she hung up without telling me she loved me. This just went from being a good phone call to sending me back to the cliff I was just on. Karma is a bitch, and this is definitely my karma!