Wooed Out

It's a week later from Lovie's incident and Jonathan and I have run into Pop out with his friends his friends. Before I knew it Jonathan had thrown me behind him and I slipped. Somehow I caught my footing last minute by grabbing onto the railing. It got quiet as everyone looked my way and before I knew it Pop had Jonathan in the air by his shirt. "I'll go to war with the world for that one. So be careful my nigga! You need to find a better way to protect and defend yourself without harming her." Bashar expressed and Jonathan chuckled.

"Didn't you put her in the line of fire multiple times trying to protect her?" He asked and Bashar was about to punch him with his right arm but his friends caught it. "Put him down!" Big Mac said and Pop did as told while looking upset. Jonathan fell to the ground and looked up at Bashar. Bash walked over towards me and pulled me into him as Jonathan stood up and dusted himself off.

"You good?" He asked and I stayed in his warm embrace for a second too long. Then I pulled away allowing his aroma to linger in my nose a little bit longer. I nodded as I looked at him and he smiled as he looked into my eyes. "When you ready to come home the door will be unlocked." Bash said and I chuckled as we looked at each other. "You know damn well you ain't leaving that door unlocked with my children in that house." I said and he chuckled as he nodded.

"They're at my mom's house but you're right. Why leave a door unlocked when you got the key." he said and before we could continue our witty banter Jonathan cleared his throat. I was about to look back when Bash made me look at him using his index finger. "Nope, we talking he can wait." Bashar whispered as he stared into my eyes and I can honestly say that I miss him now that the anger is gone. I enjoyed our little family when we had it but this new man he is becoming is better than the man he used to be.

The betterment of his future is making him so attractive and I can't lie I'm so close to buckling under the pressure of what could be. "When you are ready to build something better I'll be waiting at our house for you." Bash stated as he placed a key ring with a house and car key on it. "We always match each other's fly so I pull off, you pull up." He added and I took a deep shakey breath and nodded as I closed my hand.

"She's mine, my guy you can go home." Bash said and I looked back at Jonathan as I walked in his direction. "It was a pleasure being in your space but we both knew this wasn't going to last long. I'm sorry this was time wasted but I did enjoy every moment of it." I explained and he nodded as he kissed my hand and then my cheek.

Jonathan walked over to Bash and looked at him "If you give her a chance to come back to me. I won't allow her to be swept up by memories and ancient feelings. So I suggest you keep her close at all times." Jonathan expressed as he walked away and Bash smirked.