Big gift

Later that night

We were still enjoying ourselves at the baby shower. Everyone's eating and drinking their lives away. At the same time, I'm just happy that everyone else is happy. I was sitting in the chair, drinking water.  The lights began to dim, and I started looking around.

For a moment, I thought I was back at church. You know all the adults are talking too much, so they dim the lights to get them to move their conversations outside. A single light followed Bashar over to me, and I looked at him lost.

"The first time I did this, I messed up because we did it alone, and the fact that I got the girl made my ego grow along with all my old ways. I made promises only because I thought that's what you wanted to hear. I put your life and our children life's in danger too many times but all of that changes. This time I wanna do it right with our family and friends around us. Lovely Skylar Maraj, will you marry me?" Bashar asked down on one knee in front of me, and I smiled.

I leaned down and kissed him. "Yes," I said, and everyone screamed and cheered. I looked over, and both Nicki and Kenny were looking at us smiling. Bashar put the ring on my finger, then he stood up, and we kissed again. Before we knew it, we were being separated by our friends to talk about what just happened. Although we were separated and across the room, from each other, our eyes kept us together.

Bashar P.O.V

I was lucky that the woman I love is giving me another chance. I'm going to do right by her and our children. I'm going to provide them with all the love, loyalty, and protection I have to offer. " I don't mind you messing up cause were human, but if you repeat that mistake, that's when the problem arises, " I remember Lovely saying to me.

"Bruh, you got the girl, and the kid's life is going great for you." one of my homies said, and I nodded while still looking into Lovely's eyes.