Part 32

And just like that, our house becomes one of three. Poor Junta, entering the fray like this. He has no idea what he just moved into.

"The bathroom is down the hall, to the right." The two follow me upstairs where I open the door to the master bedroom, reminding myself of something. "Oh yeah, this bedroom only has one bed, so...I'm guessing you don't want to share—"

"No."

"Absolutely not."

"Yeah, that's what I thought." I back out of the room and open the door to my dad's study, which is filled to the brim with cat merch, clothes, decorations, and every other cat related item on the face of the earth. "Kazuki, you can stay in here then."

He looks a little less than excited about that, but he doesn't complain, setting his bag of clothes on the desk chair and unpacking.

"Haru, I..." When I turn to Junta he flushes and adverts his eyes, staring intently at my chest. I don't know if he knows, but that makes me a lot more uncomfortable than meeting his eyes, although I'm not the one here with a one sided crush.

"What's up?"

"N...Nothing!" He backs toward the stairs, almost falling down the first step before catching himself and turning robotically. "I'm going to practice! Bye!"

"Have a good time!" I call guiltily after him. After a few seconds I hear footsteps and the door slam.

"Wow, I never thought it would come to this," I mutter to myself.

"What a dream!" Kiki cries, the egg appearing next to me with stars in its eyes. "Living with two hot guys at once? xxxxxxx two hot guys at once? That really is the life!"

"You set that pervert on me, didn't you?" I snap, flexing my fingers.

"But of course! Something had to lead to your new partner moving in!"

I grab it faster than it can fly away, running to the window, opening it and flinging the yellow creature as far as I possibly can. I hear its scream fade into the distance and I slam the window, cutting off the sound.

It's right. I really shouldn't have this life. I need someone, anyone on the outside to tell me it's not okay, but everyone is controlled by that demon. My mom wasn't even worried about the underwear thief, saying "Someone would steal my underwear? I must have a few years left in me then!"

But I'm turning things around, slowly but surely. Both the boys know I'm not interested in dating, and I even have a job at the local convenience store. Since Kazuki is working and Junta's usually at practice, there's not much for me to do at home. Besides, I have to support myself somehow. And really, what else can go wrong? No, I really have to stop saying that.