Junta Route Part 13

"Good morning!"

"Morning, Haru, Junta," Tsukasa calls back, and Anzu waves next to him.

"Ooh! You're finally holding hands!" Anzu notices happily and we flinch.

"O-Oh! Well, y-yeah..." Junta stammers, flushing furiously. I laugh, squeezing his hand, and he smiles down at me.

"Is everything okay with you two?" he wonders, and Tsukasa smiles.

"We're good."

"We're great!" Anzu corrects cheerily. "Just the best of friends!"

"You know, the way you say that makes it sound like we hate each other," Tsukasa comments and she sighs.

"Then what do you want?"

"Just sound normal."

"How?"

"Good point."

"Ah—you little—!"

I hear a laugh behind us and Emi comes up beside me, nudging my shoulder.

"You two are so cute."

I can't stop myself from grinning and she returns it full force.

"Oh! Anzu!" Takamine calls, running up to her friend. "Good morning! And good morning, Kazuki, Mori, Hayami and Tsukumo! How are you all?"

We respond in turn and start into the school. It's been a few weeks since our home became one of two, and Tsukasa seems to have settled down pretty well in Anzu's house. He's told me neither of them are ready for dating, which makes it a lot more comfortable there. We text a lot, and even though our relationship was awkward at first, we've also grown more comfortable. There's barely any tension when we talk now, which I'm very grateful for. According to my friend, Anzu has helped him get through a lot of his lingering feelings. She's been easy for him to talk to, as she's a lot like me. He mentions that a...lot.

"We're still on for game night tonight, right?" Emi asks me innocently. "At your house?"

"I think so." I glance at my friends, who all nod. "Yep."

"Get ready to lose horribly!" Anzu challenges, swinging a fist up.

"You're as competitive as ever," Saki and Tsukasa laugh at the same time, glance at each other, then laugh again.

"Hell yeah I am!" She grins around Tsukasa and Junta at me. "You especially! I'm not having a repeat of last time!"

"Oh, really?" I smile back forcefully. "I wouldn't lose to you in a million years."