Chapter 1

There was a sudden flash, the feeling of being sucked into a tiny hole, and the sensation of everything being compressed and smooshed filled Evelyn "Eva" Richmond. In the blink of an eye, she found herself looking at an unfamiliar room with a strange man and woman looking at her in shock. The man seemed ready to attack, but the woman appeared to be in awe. Bits of paper fluttered to the ground around Eva.

"What the?" Eva asked, confused.

"Who are you?" the man asked.

"What," the woman began but had to clear her throat, which seemed to have dried up, "what are you doing here?"

"I was putting in a late night in the lab when something happened," Eva said, looking around with a worried expression. "Where am I?"

Another woman came in from an adjoining room, asking, "What's going on in... who's the girl?"

Then, someone Eva would know anywhere walked in, saying, "We could hear-" Then he saw her. "Evelyn?"

Both of them looked like they were staring at a ghost. They couldn't believe the other was there. Eva was too shocked to even answer her long-lost friend. All Eva could think was, Bucky?

"Do you know her, Terminator?" a third man asked, sounding arrogant.

That seemed to snap Bucky out of his stupor as he called out, "Steve!"

Eva almost couldn't believe it. It had to be a dream now. Steve went into the ice.

But then, she heard a familiar voice say, "What do you ne- oh my god!"

She turned and looked at him, tears falling as she replied, "Steve? Is it really you?"

He went up to her, his arms going around her as if she would disappear and he had to keep her with him. She ran her hands over his chest, almost like she were trying to find out if he were real.

"I thought I lost you," he said, every emotion he held for the woman in his arms pouring from him.

She couldn't hold back. She pulled him down to her. He didn't wait to take over the kiss, pulling her flush against him. They both had missed the sense of belonging they had in each other's arms.

When they pulled back, she smiled up at him and whispered, "I missed you, Steve Rogers."

He gave a small smile and replied in the same loving tone, "I missed you too, Evelyn Richmond."

The first woman looked on, jealous, but Tony didn't notice this as he asked, "I'm sorry, what?"

"Oh, I'm Evelyn Richmond," the young blond in Steve's arms said. "Who are all of you?"

The first woman answered, "I'm Natasha Romanoff, but you can call me Nat if you want."

"Clint," said the first man.

"Tony," replied the third.

"Wanda," said the second woman with a warm smile.

"And you know who I am," Bucky said with a cocky smile.

"I don't know," Eva said, in a teasing tone. "I don't see a woman on either arm or leg, so I'm not so sure."

"Oh, haha," he said.

Steve chuckled. This is what he had missed, Evelyn teasing Bucky about his love life while he laughed his ass off at the two of them. Just as Bucky was about to let loose a witty comeback, Evelyn's face changed. The reality of the situation was hitting her.