Chapter 63

Wanda ran up to Bruce, grabbing his spare clothes along the way. She knelt beside him, helping him sit up so that he could get dressed. Only Eva made her way towards the pair with caution, as the debris made the way treacherous.

"I'm here, Bruce," Wanda said, checking him over. "Are you alright?"

Bruce rubbed his face. Hulk still wanted out, but having Wanda with him helped. Looking at her, he caressed her cheek, a soft smile on his lips, but his worry prevented it from reaching his eyes.

"Yeah," he replied. "Fine. Did I hurt-"

"No," Wanda reassured.

"I scared Evelyn, didn't I?" This caused Eva to pause.

"Maybe a little. But I think she feels guilty." Wanda knew Eva did, feeling the waves coming off of the other woman even at that distance.

Bruce stood and started to get dressed, his anger rising again. "She triggered the Hulk. I could have hurt someone."

Wanda gave him a look that told him that he was missing a big piece of the puzzle. "You forgot she is afraid of needles. I know you were trying to help her, but-"

Bruce's head snapped up at that. "Shit. I caused her to trigger Hulk." His anger disappeared and guilt rose. "She had a trauma reaction."

"Something like that," Eva said, her tone filled with worry.

Bruce gave her an apologetic look. "I'm sorry. I should have remembered-"

Eva held up her hand to stop him. "You don't need to apologize. Plus side, Loki finished the bond, so I shouldn't be so hostile now."

"That's great, Evelyn." Bruce gave her a smile, designed to reassure her but only showed his guilt.

Eva got a mischievous glint in her eye. "It doesn't mean I won't be, though."

Bruce's nervous expression made Wanda chuckle before she said, "Don't tease him, Evelyn."

Eva just laughed. "Just wanted to lighten the mood."

Bruce shook his head, a grin playing on his lips. "Let's go back to the team."

Wanda used her magic to repair the walls as they made their way back to the team. She used one hand, the other was laced with Bruce's. Seeing what she was doing, Eva began to help. Once they were finished, everyone just stared at the three of them. Eva went to stand next to Loki, feeling nervous with so many eyes on her. However, none of those eyes followed her.