Chapter 53

⚠️*TW: SA, Mind Break*⚠️

This chapter may be hard to read for some. It is graphic in nature on sensitive subjects, and you are free to skip. This chapter is simply showing what hurt Eva and Loki so deeply that they broke and the action they were made to engage in during that time. Feel free to skip if you feel uncomfortable at any point.

------

In the observation room...

Steve looked around the room as he asked, "What is she talking about?"

Hank looked at the monitors. No one had pushed Loki or Eva into talking about the tougher aspects of their captivity, so everyone was at a loss. But Hank saw something about Nat's demeanor that made the old man pale.

"Oh, shit!" he said before running from the room.

He had too far to go and too little time to get to the cell.

-----

In the holding cell...

"I'd shut up if I were you," Eva warned.

Nat sat back and replied, "Why would I? I lost the girl. I don't have a reason to listen. So I might as well have fun." She smiled. "Do they know how you both screamed? Begged for the people you love to live? All the while, seeing the other eviscerate them?"

-----

In the observation room...

Bucky, in horror, started to say, "She tried to tear them apart by making them think-"

"That Loki killed Steve and Eva killed Thor," Clint finished, angry at Nat. "Fuck."

-----

Flashback

Loki was brought in and tied to a chair. He didn't know what was going on, but his heart raced. This wasn't the usual electric chair, so whatever new death the Widow had planned frightened him. A sudden cloud of dust hit him, and Loki began coughing. When it was over, he sat in the chair, just waiting.

However, it wasn't Nat who entered the room. It was Eva. Why was she moving around freely? Last he saw, she was waiting in her own cell. And she was dragging someone along to a different chair. There was a bag over their head and Loki couldn't make out their features.

Eva didn't say anything. She removed the bag and revealed Thor to him. She pulled out a knife and systematically began carving into the blond God. Loki fought against his bindings.

"Stop it!" Loki begged, tears falling endlessly. "Please! Stop it!"

But it was like she couldn't hear him. As the blood and life drained from the man he loved, so did Loki's will to fight. He was forced to watch Thor's blood drain away, leaving a river of red.

What Loki didn't know was that Eva had witnessed a similar scene in another room. Only, it was Loki pulling Steve into the room. He was butchered to the point he was more hamburger than human. They both returned to their cells without a fight.

"How could you, Eva?" Loki asked when they were alone.

"I could ask you the same thing," Eva replied.

Both of their voices held no life. What was the point? Thor and Steve were dead, and their reason to escape was gone.

----

In the holding cell, present-day...

Nat continued talking, "Do they know you both broke? Gave in and gave up?" She smiled as saw their eyes dim, Loki and Eva's minds now stuck in the past. "That you both just opened your legs at my command?"