Chapter 131

Bucky's mouth kept opening and closing, trying to keep his emotions from spilling over to his siblings. He hadn't meant to upset his sister. Seeing her cry like that, after trying to free her from the continual torment that the Death Widow was subjecting Eva to, he felt how devastated she was, how he had hurt Eva and Loki by just running off to kill Nat.

He couldn't look at his siblings. Loki held Eva as she sobbed, refusing to look away from Bucky. Steve was being held up by Wanda and Tony, the rest of the team letting the strange little family handle the matter themselves.

"Neither of us want to lose you, brother," Loki said.

Eva looked like she wanted to rip Bucky a new one, but he cut her off by saying, "I'm tired of her threats hanging over the two of you! Every time we get her, she escapes!" He sighed. "Both of you deserve to be happy and with her still out there-" he rubbed his face with her hands. "Eva has been waiting since the forties to marry Steve!" He finally looked his sister in the eyes. "And she keeps stopping your happiness!"

Steve pushed off of the others to stand next to Eva as he said, "It will happen, Buck."

Bucky turned to his best friend. "Will it? Eva is still your fiance, Loki doesn't have a ring, and hell, neither do I!"

Eva took a breath to calm herself before saying, "We aren't stopping it because she's free, Bubba. We wanted to be healed more to really enjoy it."

Bucky sighed again, hugging Eva to him. "I know, but it's her fault for hurting you both in the first place."

"It's not just us that has to be ready, brother," Loki said with a chuckle. "There's also Sam, Steve, and Thor-"

Bruce cleared his throat and said, "Loki, it might be better if you turn around."

Loki got annoyed. He was trying to reassure his siblings, and here was Banner, interrupting him! Couldn't he see what was going on? Was he that dense even when he wasn't a giant rage beast?

The dark-haired god turned as he said in an aggravated tone, "What are you-"

Thor stood near him, taking Loki's hands as he stated, "ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love, there's so much to say and not enough words for me to express what I feel for you." Loki looked shocked, overwhelming joy filling him and tears filling his eyes, sensing what was coming. "I had hoped for a better day to do this." Thor got down on one knee, smiling up at the man that he loved most in all the nine realms. "But I don't want to wait another day. Loki, will you please become my husband?"

Wanda, Sharon, Yelena, and Eva looked on the verge of tears. All of the men were smiling. The entire team held their breath, waiting for Loki's answer.

Loki replied in a breathless tone, "I..."