Chapter 138

Loki walked cautiously forward as he said, "You can't do this!"

With a sigh, Odin replied, "If you do not choose, then-"

Loki knew Odin's game and before he had a chance to think about it, not that he needed to, the raven-haired god cried, "Me! I choose me!"

"You would... die so that they would live?" Odin asked, shock playing across his wrinkled features.

"Yes! Now, let them go!"

Odin turned to one of the guards. "Release them and start preparations for a royal wedding."

"That's it?" Loki could not believe Odin had no other games to play with him. "You traumatized my siblings, kidnap my fiance, and you just-"

Odin knew he had to explain. "I had to know you had become the man Frigga and I knew you to be. That is all."

With that, the magic cell dissipated and the guards followed their king out of the room. Loki ran to Bucky, Eva, and Thor. Tears fell down his pale cheeks.

"I am so sorry!" Loki said, his voice pleading with them to believe him. "I didn't know!"

His siblings stared into space, trying to fight their way back to the present. He led them to the garden and sat them on some benches, kneeling in front of them to try and help them as best as he could.

"ᛈᛖᛏ - pet, I want to return to Midgard," Loki stated when he saw his siblings returning to him, a cascade falling from his eyes. "I cannot stay here a moment longer. Please."

Thor had his own tears falling. He had been forced to watch two of his friends break in front of him with no way to aid them. Now, his beloved was fighting the overwhelming force of their combined emotions along with his own guilt and grief.

"I understand," the golden-haired god said. "We will leave once everyone is prepared."

The two gods left Bucky and Eva to center themselves. They had to tell everyone what Odin had done and the damage he had caused. They would be lucky if Hulk didn't start an intergalactic war, but they would not hide this from what seemed like their true family.

"He needs to be made to understand what he did," Bucky said after a few minutes.

Eva said, "I'll send him a vision. I just need some air first and get my mind centered again."

It took longer than she would admit to get out of her panic, and then her anger, but when she finally got to a calmer place, she went in search of her target: Odin Allfather, King of Asgard.