Chapter 25

The following day, Eva tried to avoid Nat. But it was like she was everywhere. If Eva wanted to get something to drink, Nat magically turned up in the kitchen. If Eva tried to train, Nat would walk through the door in the tightest workout gear the blond had ever seen. Even trying to take a nap was out of the question as she would be sitting on the comfiest couch!

However, the game of cat and mouse came to an end when Nat cornered Eva at the end of the hall by the elevators to talk things out. At least, that was the Widow's intent. Eva, on the other hand, fought the urge to punch the redhead, but barely.

"Hey," Nat began with a smile, "I was hoping we could talk about last night."

Eva put on a forced smile and replied, "What is it, Natasha?"

Nat cringed at the name, making a note that Eva had to use a nickname instead. "I wanted to say that I'm sorry. But next time, I won't go easy on you."

Eva forced out a laugh this time. Did they not remember the same fight in the middle of the night? Eva easily kept up with the former assassin. The way Eva looked at that moment, a switch flipped inside Nat. The Widow had to have the forties bombshell.

The redhead stalked her prey, grabbing hold of one hand and pinning it above Eva's head. Maybe she was going easy on me, Eva thought as she fought Nat's hold unsuccessfully. I can't break free! Fear coursed through Eva as the other woman pressed against her, her knee between Eva's legs to open them slightly.

"You're an amazing woman, Eva," Nat said, her voice rough, her fingers tracing the blond's cheek. "So strong." Her hand drifted lower as Eva gulped. "So intriguing."

"Nat, let me go," Eva said, her voice pale.

"So beautiful."

The blond gasped when the top button on her dress popped open and Nat's lips nearly touched hers. "Please, Nat, you're scaring me."

Nat knew that her "friendly" nickname was not the right one to fall from Eva's lips. No, she would call her something else. Something personal to the two of them. If she could get the blond alone, in her room, Nat would learn what sounded right to her as she made the other woman scream it at the top of her lungs.

"What's going on here?" came a voice.

Fucking Stark, was all Nat could think as she moved back.

"Tony!" said Eva in relief as she ran to Tony, hugging him as she shook. Discretely, the billionaire and self-proclaimed playboy buttoned Eva's dress again so she felt more comfortable.

Tony pulled back and replied in a soft tone, "Go to the lab. I'll be in in a few."

Eva ran to the lab, shaking. She avoided everyone she could, needing to get her nerves under control. If Steve or Bucky saw her like this, someone would get hurt, mainly Nat. She may not like the Widow, but that didn't mean she wanted her in the hospital or an early grave.

Stark turned to Nat, anger pouring from him. But, this was his teammate and he had done his fair share of bad decisions because of a beautiful woman. He rubbed the back of his head, still looking at her until Nat became annoyed.

"What is it, Stark?" she asked in an aggressive tone.

"If I hadn't come by," he inquired, "would you have been able to stop?" She just stared at him, registering what she had almost done, knowing what he was asking and the truth of it all. "That's what I thought. May I suggest the Bahamas?"

This question took Nat by surprise. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, go on vacation, Romanoff. Get your head straight before this gets any worse."

Nat rolled her eyes. "Fine, but the moment I'm needed, I expect you to call me. No matter what."

Tony gave her a quick nod. "Go. I'll explain everything."

Watching her walk away, Tony had the feeling he was letting her off easy, that things would only get worse from here. He shook that feeling off, opting to go help the woman that was older than him but whom he was quickly starting to see as a daughter.