Chapter 100

Bucky's head snapped up when Steve asked, "Did you just say 'big brother'?

This made Thor uneasy, so he said, "The ritual should have made you triplets."

"It did," Bucky clarified as the group moved to the kitchen, "but we kinda fell into our roles as siblings."

Steve didn't know how he felt about hearing that. What were their roles? What did that have to do with Eva's healing? More importantly, did that mean he couldn't help her? He clenched his fists.

"What kind of roles?" Steve inquired in a clipped tone.

Bucky made himself a drink as he replied, "Eva's right. It's easy to make you jealous." He took a gulp. "I just kinda fell into the role of big brother. Loki's the middle brother, and Eva is our little sister. Simple."

When Bucky thought about it, he even knew why their roles were the way they were. Since he had done the most healing out of the three, he could guide his siblings on their journeys. Loki had suffered some trauma already before Nat had gotten to him and worked through it, but nothing as big as what he and Eva suffered together. However, their sister had never had any major traumas in her life. Sure, there were things from her childhood she suffered through, like losing her home, but nothing scarring until she had been kidnapped. She had the most trouble out of the triplets. Loki was at least receptive.

Clint drew Bucky out of his mind by asking, "How does that work?"

The one-armed super soldier replied, "Loki and I tend to protect Eva first, or like now, I play mediator to the children." Considering they fight the most out of the three of them, he had to step in and get them in hand. "I'm also the designated leader."

Okay, so he took the lead most of the time, but the other two would sometimes take over if their knowledge or skills were needed. They also took over if it was a target or situation personal to them. Bucky just happened to be the one who made sure they stayed on the straight and narrow, which he always felt was ironic, considering his past.

Steve asked, "So, you'll be representing them at the meetings and-"

Bucky got in Steve's face and growled, "You are not excluding them!"

Tony stepped in, saying, "We just want to know what to expect from now on, besides pranks and tantrums."

Seeing that this wasn't helping at the moment, Wanda made her some tea as she said, "Actually, Brucie and I want to hear about the blood bond. Can you tell us?"

Tony got the hint. "Inquiring minds want to know."

Sam took Bucky's hand, saying, "I want to know, too, sha. Please?"

"I, too, am curious as to how you came to make such a decision," Thor commented.

Steve's curiosity got the better of his anger as he asked, "Actually, yeah, why perform the blood bond?"

Bucky smiled. He couldn't help it. It was the day he got a family again.