Chapter 111

There was the sudden sound of people running. Moments later, Eva and Loki came in and went to Bucky.

"Bubba!" Eva called.

"We felt your anger!" Loki added.

Neither of them looked upset beyond worry for their brother. This told the Avengers that the pair hadn't heard the message. Bucky looked on the verge of tears, but everyone could see he was seething with rage.

"She called to bargain," he all but growled. "You two for Clint's kids."

Eva took a step back, asking in shock, "What?"

"You can't be serious," Loki replied, mimicking his sister.

There was now a look of pain on Bucky's face as he said, "She threatened to make them into Winter Soldiers. We need a plan."

Eva got a dark and contemplative expression as she responded, "I've got a plan, though it's a bit messy."

Laura looked as if she seconded what the amethyst-haired woman was suggesting, but this didn't sit well with Bucky. "You aren't killing her," he looked between his siblings, "or using yourselves as bait!"

"One," Loki said in exasperation, "you cheated. Two, it's the best course."

Bucky sat down hard, more pain showing. "I will not watch or listen to her hurt you just to bring her in. Don't ask me to do that."

Steve stepped up to the triplets and said, "And you aren't doing anything without me."

All three of them snapped to face him just as Sam and Thor stood with Steve. It was clear that they all had the same thought in mind.

"Stevie?" Eva asked, sadness overtaking her.

"She took our child, Evelyn," Steve said, letting his own aggression show. "I have as much right to go as you."

She shared a smile with him. "Then, let's start planning."

Loki looked at his brother in annoyance as she and Steve kissed, and said, "And now we have to deal with that."

Bucky grabbed his drink as she replied, "It can and will get worse. Trust me."

Sam took the drink from his boyfriend and said, "Count me in, sha."

Thor wrapped his arms around his partner, adding, "Aye, and I as well."

The two men smiled at their lovers before also kissing them.