Chapter 92

Steve stomped up to the trio, but managed to keep his voice calm as he asked, "Why wouldn't you tell us where you were?"

Eva narrowed her eyes as she said, "You kept secrets. I don't want to hear it from you."

"ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love, please understand-" Thor began, reaching for his partner.

Loki pulled back and replied, "I do understand. You claim to love me, but you don't trust me."

Bucky pulled away from Sam and joined Eva and Loki, adding, "None of you know what it's like. We needed to do this."

Sam sighed as he came down from his high and responded, "We were worried, sha."

Steve huffed and added, "You still should have told us."

Getting fed up, Bucky started taking off his jacket as he walked out of the room, stating, "You know what? I'm getting a drink."

"Bucky, wait up," Eva called out.

"We'll join you," Loki responded.

The trio left the room as a unit. Everyone had different reactions. There was shock, smiles, and indifference in varying degrees.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Tony said.

Bruce groaned, "Great. Now there's three of them."

Steve's head snapped up. No. There was no way Bucky would do that.

"Bucky wouldn't," Sam echoed Steve's thoughts.

"He did," said an uneasy Thor. "They completed the blood bond."

No one knew what that meant other than Bucky had become Eva and Loki's brother, their triplet. Sam wanted to be happy for his partner but he was unsure how it would affect him in the long run. Bucky had come a long way since being rescued and pardoned.

Eva and Loki still had a difficult journey ahead of them. But the way the three of them had looked when they came in, it was as if they had jumped several steps ahead on the path to healing. Sam could appreciate that.

Steve was still mad as hell. He had been worried about his girl and his best friend for months and they acted as if nothing had happened!

Only Thor remained on the fence, unsure if he was happy or not. For now, he chose to wait and see.