Chapter 93

Steve, Thor, and Sam decided to follow the trio. Thor wanted to talk to Loki, to get him to understand why he did what he did. Sam just wanted time with his man any way he could get it. Steve, however, wanted answers.

They stopped in the hallway, hearing Loki, Eva, and Bucky laughing. The sounds had been rare after each of them came home. Sure, Bucky had started to laugh more until Eva and Loki's rescue, but they all knew it was because he saw himself in the pair. So, to hear all three of them laughing together, the three men couldn't help but bask in the symphony. That is, until they heard why they were laughing.

"That Senator was the best takedown!" Loki chortled. "He pissed himself!"

They were talking about the recent arrest of Senator Stern's son, who had taken his place after his own arrest for being a double agent for HYDRA. The apple truly didn't fall far from the tree in that family.

"No," challenged Bucky, "the secretary of Defense! He passed out and shit himself!"

That was General Ross, who had taken handouts from Senator Stern Jr. to make life difficult for the Avengers and loyal agents of SHIELD. While not an active HYDRA agent, Ross hadn't hidden his disdain for supers and had, without much fight, accepted any help to end any he saw as enhanced or outside the norm.

Knowing she couldn't best two government officials, Eva said, "Nothing beats messing with Amber Heard's trial and making her look stupid! She would have lost anyway!"

Heard's trial against Johnny Depp was the very definition of a circus. She wasn't a member of HYDRA, but she did have ties to Nat. The two women used to have coffee together anytime Heard was in New York. Not only that, but the once proud star would often encourage Nat in some of her obsessions by using her money. It was no wonder the trio had targeted her, but it was clear that her celebrity status made humiliating her a better option than jail time.

Sam walked up as he asked, "That was you?"

The trio looked at him and then at the other two men that followed before Bucky said, "Mostly Loki. What is it?"

Thor looked at the raven-haired god and replied, "I just want to talk, ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love."

"I don't know," Loki scoffed. "You can't trust me, right?"

Thor cupped his cheek. "I trust you with everything in me. I always have, Loki."

Loki gave a humorless chuckle after a moment. "Funny way of showing it."

Steve crossed his arms as he started to say, "Evelyn, you should have-"

That's all it took for Loki and Bucky to move away from their partners and block Steve from getting to their sister. They stared him down.

"We didn't have to do anything!" Bucky growled.

Steve had had enough and replied, "You shouldn't have left in the first place! It was dangerous!"

Eva moved to stand between her brothers, saying, "For whom? Because we cut down on her allies better than you Avengers did."

"Evelyn-"

Her phone lit up and she held up a finger. "Hold that entitled thought."

She began to read the messages coming through. Fear and anger filled her as she turned away from everyone. Loki and Bucky, still not trusting Steve to try and order Eva around, kept the messages from everyone's view. The texts were from an unknown number.

What kind of game do you think you are playing? it read.

Eva responded, Who is this?

You know, angel.

What the hell do you want? Eva had to fight the need to crush her phone.

What belongs to me.

Eva growled. Loki and I don't belong to you!

You know that's not true. I own every inch of both of you.

We will find you! You won't get away with this! Her hands were shaking.

I remember how you taste...

How beautifully you moaned...

And the way your skin blushed when I made you cum for me.

Eva couldn't take it anymore and threw the phone, fighting the urge to cry or scream. Bucky and Loki wrapped their arms around her, helping her to calm down.

"It's okay," Bucky soothed. "We'll get her."

"And we won't stop until we do," Loki finished.

Steve's anger lessened at the display and asked with a concerned tone, "What's happening?"

Eva ignored him and looked at her brothers, saying, "Back to work, boys!"

Loki smirked but Bucky shook his head in exasperation before looking at her with understanding. Yeah, break time was over.