Chapter 33

*TW: Talk of Kidnapping, Drugging, SA, Torture*

------

Eva took the ball of power and destroyed the power dampener on Loki's neck. They both hugged, fighting the need to break down. The conditioning they both suffered kept them from showing emotion. If Nat saw this, they didn't care this time. They were almost free. Both shook with relief, and the three men rescuing them saw it.

"What the hell did you do to her?" Steve demanded.

He didn't care about the powers, but it was clear that Nat thought he was asking about it and replied, "I saved her life. I don't know how-"

As one, Loki and Eva turned to look at Nat. It was almost creepy how in sync they were. Both glared at the Widow. Anger, pain, and savagery played on their faces as they stalked toward the redhead. Only Bucky saw the fear that the darker emotions hid.

"You hear that, Mischief?" Eva asked, her tone full of malice. "The dumb bitch 'doesn't know'."

Loki gave a dark chuckle and said, "Oh, I heard, Eva. As if we would forget everything she did."

Eva produced more magic, changing their outfits so they felt more confident while also intimidating Nat as she played with it. "Like the kidnapping, the torture-"

"Taking my blood, and injecting it and super soldier serum into her-"

"Not to mention drugging and raping me!"

Nat gave her former prisoners a hard look designed to intimidate them as she told Eva, "You wanted all of it."

Bucky couldn't take it and stomped up next to Loki and Eva, growling, "You brainwashed and assaulted her!"

Nat put on tears that used to get her sympathy while on missions. "I would never hurt her!"

None of them were fooled as Steve said, "But you did. You did to Eva what HYDRA did to Bucky."

Clint stopped in the doorway, shocked by what he just heard. He had been checking the "safe" house for any guards or traps that might hinder the team, but hearing what Steve said made him realize that his friend was gone, if she ever existed in the first place.

Still, he wanted to give her one last chance and said, "Tell me it isn't true, Nat."

Nat looked at him, crocodile tears in her eyes, and said, "Of course not, Clint. How can you ask that?" Remembering how Loki had taken over Clint's mind, she decided to play on that. "Besides, they're siding with Loki. Can we trust them?"

Clint's heart dropped, knowing she was staring him in the eyes and lying to him. "Nat, how could you? After what the Redroom did to you?"

Before Nat could answer, Eva said, "It's over, Natasha." How Nat hated Eva saying that name in her beautiful voice. "You lost."

Nat started to really cry as she said, "Please, любовь - love. Don't do this. Please, I love you."

Eva got right in her face. "And I want you dead." She stood and threw her power at Nat, who crumbled to the ground. "But I'll settle for knocked out for now."

Loki went to Eva's side, hugging her so no one saw how weak she was from using her powers. He had trouble holding her, but he had enough strength to keep them upright for now.

"You did it, Eva," he said. "It's over."

Eva couldn't hold it in anymore, consequences be damned, and bawled in his arms, "It's over! It's finally over!"