Chapter 157

Sam and Bucky walked out of the venue into the streets of New Orleans. Since Sarah had her job and the boys, she couldn't fly to New York, and Sam loved the idea of having his home where they were married. Bucky also loved the idea since he wanted to move there when they retired. They already had the house down the road from Sarah's bought for when they visited.

As they walked the streets, a Jazz band played. They were on parade to celebrate their union. While some people stuck up their noses at a gay couple having a traditional New Orleans Newlywed Parade, three times as many congratulated them and clapped along. Some even followed the Avengers for a while just to be able to be part of the celebration. To Sam, they were old friends paying homage to his happiness, some even coming from Delacroix to do so. To Bucky, it was overwhelming in a good way. No one looked at him like they were afraid. He was just a man who married his soulmate and they wanted him to know they supported him.

A couple of times, someone tried to get the parade to stop, but the police officers pulled the protestors out of the way, telling them they didn't have to agree and could say their objections, but they were not allowed to obstruct the party in any way. Not that the group would have listened. They were all giddy with excitement.

Once the party got to the end of where the band could march, they all hopped into a party bus for about twenty to thirty minutes before getting on a steamboat that would take them back to Delacroix. The boat ride would be the entirety of the reception.

Once on the boat, Sam and Bucky changed suits, their sisters coming in after a time to fix their ties again. Eva and Sarah laughed at the absurdity that two grown men, particularly one from the forties, couldn't figure out how to get their ties to work with them.

Bucky smiled. He could see Eva accepting Sarah instantly, and the two women were fast friends before leaving the room. Seeing Eva healing like that just made Bucky's special day even better.

On the ship's deck were the beach-themed cake, the velvet tablecloths, and coral centerpieces on the tables, all in red, blue, and white. They were lighter than the couple's tuxes had been because Sam wanted them to be softer. When Sam and Bucky came out for their first dance, they had a slow jazz number playing. They began their choreographed dance that would have been the envy of any ballroom.

 They began their choreographed dance that would have been the envy of any ballroom

"Well," Stark said to his girlfriend and boyfriend, "this is tamer than I thought it would be

"Well," Stark said to his girlfriend and boyfriend, "this is tamer than I thought it would be."

"Tony," chastised Pepper.

Rhodey finished with, "Enough."

As the graceful dance went on, everyone marveled at how the two just fell into their own little world. There could be an alien invasion happening, and no one knew if the pair would even notice.

"I'm glad our first dance wasn't this," Steve whispered to Eva.

She slapped his arm, saying, "Oh, hush! This is beautiful!"

Steve chuckled and swayed lightly with her, their combined hands over their growing child. While he wanted her to sit, he would not miss this moment, where Eva was happy and safe. His overprotectiveness could wait until after the dance was done.

At one point, Bucky lifted Sam to twirl. Pepper and Rhodey warned Tony to not say anything, knowing he would make a Dirty Dancing reference.

"Now, how did Sarah convince Bucky to take lessons?" Bruce asked, knowing the super soldier's aversion to dancing.

Wanda chuckled, "She didn't. Sam's pouting did."

They were each other's weakness and strength. Wanda knew that she would not have fit with the pair, seeing them happy like this. And that was okay. Her perfect piece was next to her, holding onto her waist nervously. She wouldn't make him dance, but she knew he would do anything for her. Just as she would for him.

Loki and Thor stood off to the side. While Asgardians didn't usually dance in such a manner, their mother had taught them many Midgardian ballroom dances. They watched their students move across the floor as if they had been dancing all their lives.

"He looks happy, doesn't he?" Loki asked.

Thor put his wine glass down and pulled his fiance close as he said, "Next will be us, ᛚᛟᚢᛖ - love."

When the dance had ended, both men had their hands on each other's hearts and were staring into one another's eyes. Everyone clapped, some of the women even brushed tears away. The rest of the night was uneventful. Though, Tony managed to get drunk somehow and tried to talk Sarah into selling the family business to him. Sam shut that down fast, Pepper and Rhodey taking him to their hotel for the night.