Chapter 136

Two days. That's how long everyone waited for the trip to Asgard. Loki and Thor wanted to get the trip over with, but the Avengers worried about the commotion their presence would cause. The mortals on the team were also worried about how the travel through the Bifrost would be and if it would be fast or slow.

Once the rainbow lights enveloped everyone, they felt as if they were moving through a high-pressure tube. Some of the team felt like they were on the best rollercoaster they had ever been on. Others just wanted the ride to end.

When they were spit out the other side, Eva rubbed Steve's back as he emptied his stomach off to the side. Bucky leaned against the wall, trying to get his stomach to settle. The others weren't affected as much. Maybe slight dizziness, but that was it.

"Avengers," said a dark-skinned man in gold armor, "my princes, welcome to Asgard."

Bucky stared at the man that Loki and Thor introduced as Heimdall. Sam eventually slapped the back of his fiance's head.

"Hey!" Bucky said.

"Stop staring," Sam chastised. "I could see you undressing the man with your eyes!"

"Actually, I was imagining you in the armor for me to unwrap like the most secure treasure. May have to see if we can't borrow a set for the bedroom."

Sam blushed and almost got left behind as he imagined what Bucky was talking about. When he rejoined the group, he saw several guards with an older man leading the way with an elegant woman standing just behind him but in full view of the Avengers.

"You have some nerve to show your face here, Loki Laufeyson," the man said, anger radiating from him.

Loki looked stricken. Not Odinson or Friggason. Laufeyson. Did they no longer claim him as their child? But Loki was also afraid because of the number of guards. Was he destined to live out the rest of his life in Asgard's dungeons? His hands started to shake.

"Odin, I-" Loki began, trying to hide the fear filling him but all speech getting locked in his throat.

Thor walked forward. Just as Odin was standing in front of Frigga to protect her but letting her be seen, Thor mimicked his father's protective stance. As much as he loved the man in front of him, Thor would not let anything happen to his fiance.

"Enough, Father," Thor said.

Frigga came up and said, "There is no need to do this, Odin. Not now."

Loki looked looked at his mother. Frigga hadn't given up on him. The mischief maker gulped and tears filled his eyes. Frigga knew and she still loved him.

Odin said in a hard voice, "His crimes against Asgard-"

Bucky came up next to Thor as he growled, "Don't even think of touching my brother."

"His crimes have been more than paid, old man," Eva added, coming to Thor's other side.

"It is true, Father," Thor finished. "Loki has suffered greatly and atoned for his crimes."

Odin's voice rang across the rainbow bridge as he yelled, "You think a few years on Midgard is enough to make up for the lives he took?"

Frigga chastized, "That is enough, Odin. Listen to what they have to say first."

Odin looked at his wife as Thor replied, "Father, I will tell you everything, but know that Loki and I are engaged."

Loki squared his shoulders, took a breath, looked at the king, and said, "We have come to seek your blessing."

Odin looked over the Asgardian men surrounded by Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The support Loki had was unexpected. But more so was the love he saw in Thor as he acted as a shield.

"And you have it," Odin responded.

It took a moment for Loki to register what was said and he asked, "Just like that?"

"You make each other happy and that is all a father wants for his sons."

"Thank you, Father," Thor said with a smile.

Loki gave a small smile and replied, "Yes, thank you."

As the king and queen left, Thor kissed Loki so that the dark-haired god felt all the love his golden partner felt. When they pulled away, their foreheads rested against each other and they held hands until Loki was no longer shaking.

"See?" Thor comforted. "Nothing to fear, ᛚᛟᚢᛖ - love."

Bucky and Eva looked down the rainbow bridge after the king. Bucky's fists clenched. Is it just me, or was that too easy?

Eva shared her brother's distrusting look. Let's keep an eye on the old bastard. He likes his games.