Chapter 150

Eva was practically dancing as they left the bridal shop, her order placed. She smiled at her brothers and they returned it.

"I can't believe we found my dress!" she squealed. "Thanks for being here."

Loki chuckled as he said, "As much as he complained, neither of us would miss this."

Bucky nodded and added, "Steve is going to love it."

With the last few details falling into place, Eva couldn't be happier. Since dying her hair, purple had started to take over for Eva. Sure, she wore other colors, but it was the one that made Eva feel powerful and confident, just like green was for Loki. So, it came as no surprise that lavender was one of Eva's wedding colors. Since Steve's suit was mostly blue, and his eyes were cerulean, no one questioned how it became one of the colors either.

Tony was still upset that there weren't going to be any bachelor parties and would tease Eva that her colors were the same as a bruise. Steve took to holding her on his lap or to his side whenever Tony walked in. It was clear that he had been demoted from father figure to annoying cousin once wedding planning had started.

"Seriously," Tony started again the morning before the wedding. "Everyone is going to look like they've just been in a fight."

"Par for the course for Stevie then," Eva said, running her finger down Steve's chest.

He cleared his throat, "Baby, if you don't stop, I won't be able to-"

"Wanda is taking me away right after dinner. Take me to our room now, or you won't get any until after our honeymoon."

"That's one way to get me to shut up," Tony said as he watched the soon-to-be-married couple run upstairs.

The next day, Wanda used her magic to make sure all the decorations in the local Catholic church were perfect. The priest was then happy to help bless everything before the ceremony but stopped suggesting it when Wanda turned to him with saddened eyes.

 The priest was then happy to help bless everything before the ceremony but stopped suggesting it when Wanda turned to him with saddened eyes

Bridesmaid wedding dresses

Groomsmen tux

Steve's Tux

Without Wanda, Eva didn't know if the wedding would have been happening at all. She stopped or fixed every disaster, fixed Eva's makeup after a small panic attack, and kept everyone on schedule. Now, everyone was walking down the aisle ahead of them. Everything was perfect.

Sam leaned in to whisper, "Steve, she's coming. Calm down."

Steve stood at the altar, sweating bullets. He was so nervous. Things on his end hadn't run nearly as smooth, and if Pepper hadn't been there, he would have had to steal his old army uniform from the Captain America Museum. Okay, that wouldn't have helped get him to the church on time, but it felt like Murphy's Law was using him to make up for the lack of failure on Eva's end. But things were finally coming together. Now, he was waiting and it felt like time had stopped. Eva hadn't arrived yet and the march had started and everyone was standing.

Steve whispered back, "Then what's taking-" Eva appeared at the end of the aisle. "Oh my God."

Next to Eva, Bucky smiled and said in a quiet tone, "Damn, Sam looks good

Next to Eva, Bucky smiled and said in a quiet tone, "Damn, Sam looks good."

Eva hit his arm as Loki copied Bucky, saying, "As does Thor."

Eva put her arms through theirs, replying in a whisper, "Guys, it's my wedding. Steve is the best. Now, let's get me down the aisle."

They began walking. It felt like the longest walk of her life, but in a good way. The look on Steve's face was unreadable, however, and that did nothing for her nerves.

"Just breathe, Eva," Bucky instructed quietly to her.

Loki added, "We've got you, sister."

The priest stood to the side as Nick Fury stepped up to officiate the wedding. The priest would be there for all the church-involved parts, but that would be it. And Eva insisted that all that take place before she and Steve met at the altar.

Fury said, "I'm skipping the formalities." He looked to Steve. "Your vows, Rogers."

Steve took Eva's hands and said, "No matter the time we are in or what has happened to us, one thing remained the same: my love for you. If I never went into the ice or got the serum, I know you would still be here with me. Since getting you back, we've been on one adventure or another," he slipped her wedding band onto her finger, "and I can't wait for the next one, as long as I have you by my side."

Fury turned to Eva. "Now you, Evelyn."

"I think my speech is a bit shorter," Eva said with a chuckle, which the guests joined in. "Like you, my love has never changed. If anything, it has grown stronger. Time will not change that. When I was at my lowest, you stayed. I know, high or low, I can count on you to be there," she placed the wedding band on Steve's finger, "just as I will be there for you."

Sniffles could be heard around the church, and even Fury had to clear his throat. "I'm not risking objections, so kiss your bride, Captain."

Eva's hand tangled into Steve's hair as he pulled her into a tender kiss. The church erupted into cheers. At last, they were Mr. and Mrs. Rogers.