Chapter 71

When everyone had come up for air, Yelena said, "I'm glad something good came from this, but she's in Budapest."

She gave Clint a look. He knew what Nat was doing. And he hated her for it.

"She's trying to lure me in now," he informed everyone. "She wants to convince me to help her."

Bucky groaned and said, "I can't see you joining her willingly, Clint. Which means she has an ace up her sleeve."

Steve stepped closer to everyone, saying, "It doesn't matter what she wants! She will have to deal with me!"

Eva came up next to him, asking, "You mean us, right?"

He cupped her cheek as he looked into her green eyes. "No, you will stay here."

She moved away from him. "You can't be serious."

"We need to bring her in, not kill her." Unfortunately.

Loki took his place next to Eva, responding, "We have a right to go. As her victims, we need to finish this."

Thor moved up next to Steve, saying, "But she also knows how to compromise you both. She can then take you again."

Steve took Eva into his arms, stating, "I can't lose you again."

Thor did the same to Loki. "Nor I, you."

Eva and Loki gave their boyfriends looks of love and hurt. They loved them for wanting to protect them, but were hurt that they didn't think they could handle seeing their tormentor. They wanted to feel safe enough to go outside alone, to stop looking over their shoulders, and to end the nightmares.

"I need you safe, Loki," Thor whispered.

Steve said in a hushed tone, "I couldn't live with myself if she hurt you again."

Without hesitation, Loki kissed Thor passionately. Steve had to get Eva to see he was only thinking of her, he initiated the kiss that caused her to melt into him.

"Okay," Eva said in a choked tone.

"Just come home," Loki pleaded.

Thor smiled and replied, "I give you my word, ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love."

"I'll be home before you know it," Steve assured.