Chapter 30

⚠️TW: Held Captive, Drugging, SA, Torture⚠️

This chapter may be hard to read for some. It is graphic in nature on sensitive subjects and you are free to skip. This chapter is simply showing what happened between the end of the last chapter and the start of the next. Feel free to skip.

------

Time was lost. Eva could no longer keep track of when something happened. Like clockwork, she was forced to take a pill to keep her within HER power, slowly chipping away at Eva's mind so that only what SHE allowed remained.

Eva had maybe three hours where her mind was clear and she was herself. Like she lived in an asylum, which looked like a spa retreat, Eva received the pills from a "window" while her mind was still clouded enough to not question HER. So, she took them every day.

She sat on the edge of the bed, waiting, trying to get her jumbled mind to fall in line. She wanted out, but it seemed near impossible. Her desire to escape had all but been drained from her. Eva needed to go through what she could remember. God, her head was fogging over. She needed to keep only the important memories safe. Well, the ones she still had.

-----

During the first month...

The sound of the Bifrost could be heard. Eva ran to the bars as Nat left her. The redhead ran to a window on the ground floor to see a familiar green-clad man looking around, his back to the cabin. Equipped with devices to stop the Scarlet Witch, Nat took a power dampener with her.

Her training allowed her to overpower him and place the large collar on his neck. He turned in time to be knocked out. When he awoke, Eva was looking at him in tears.

"What happened?" he demanded.

"She got you, too," Eva whispered. " Who are you?"

"I am Loki, of Asgard."

"I'm Evelyn. Please say someone else is coming to rescue-"

Loki looked at her clothes and then his own. Nothing more than rags, thin and meant to demean them both. Nat walked in. Eva shrunk into a far corner. She may frighten the mortal, Loki thought, but not a God.

Days went by as Eva was forced to watch everything Nat did to the dark-haired man. Loki had tried to use his magic, but the dampener only let him read minds and take on Eva's pain. The Widow had stolen his powers and his strength. He was no better than a mortal with the collar on, and she made sure he knew it.

But this day, she came to talk to him. She sat in front of him, giving him a sense of deja vu. However, this time, she was darker, more menacing. Where was this woman when he tried to take over New York?

"You will help me, Loki," she said plainly, "or I'll turn you over to Thor."

He decided to call her bluff and replied, "I'd rather die in an Asgardian cell than help you!" His mind was clear now, and he knew what people like her wanted. "I will not turn her into your personal puppet!"

Nat rolled her eyes. "And who would Thor believe? You, a known liar, or me, an Avenger?"

He knew he couldn't deny it. But the scars on his body, new and old, told him he was strong. She hadn't killed him yet, so she needed him. He would bide his time.

"I won't help you," he said, making his stand though he could see the Widow didn't like that, "but your other prisoner, I will help her. Now, take the power dampener-"

She glared at him and stood, responding, "It stays on or I kill you now."

Nat left. Loki sunk to the floor. Eva crawled to him, her back to his through the bars. He felt her shaking and he knew what was to come. He endured it once from a being a thousand times stronger than the mortal. He could do it again.