Chapter 106

Bucky and Eva stretched as they woke up. Loki's eyes snapped open when he felt them move. For a brief moment, fear was alive in him until he saw only his siblings. His heart rate began to return to normal as he sat up.

"Thank you for staying with me," he said, pulling his knees up.

Bucky patted his back as he replied, "No need to thank us, Lokes. It's what brothers and sisters do."

"And you are always there when we have nightmares," Eva said with a soft smile as she laid her head on his shoulder. "This was just our turn for you. And we will always be there when you have them."

After one last group hug, they all got up and went downstairs. Wanda was setting the table while Bruce read a new issue of a scientific magazine. Eva snatched it from him with a giggle, one the scientist returned before getting a drink of his coffee.

"We heard the scream last night," Wanda said as she took her spot next to Bruce as the triplets began making their plates. "Everything okay?"

"Could have been better," Loki said, trying to make it seem like it was no big deal.

Eva put her fork down, hearing how uncomfortable Loki was. She hugged him again.

"Oh, Mischief," she said.

Bucky sighed and explained, "Loki had a nightmare and needed us." Then, he noticed the looks on the couple's faces. "Why? Is there something wrong that we aren't aware of?"

Bruce shook his head and smiled, saying, "Not at the moment, but the boyfriends look upset."

Bucky and Eva turned in their chairs to see Steve and Sam walk in with the rest of the team. They looked relieved to see their partners at the table, but they didn't exactly look happy.

"Not upset," Steve clarified. "Just worried when we didn't see you this morning."

Eva took his hand after he sat next to her and said, "I didn't want to wake you, but Loki needed us."

"I understand." He gave her a soft smile. "Just... a note explaining would have been nice, so I don't worry."

Eva returned the grin. "I'll try to remember that next time, Stevie."

He gave her a small kiss as Sam said, "I'm just glad you didn't sneak off last night."

Bucky smirked as he replied, "You know I would have woken you up for a quickie if that had happened."

Loki gave a disgusted look, shoved his food away, and said, "That is one detail I didn't want to know."

Eva had a matching expression as she said, "Ew! Gross! Now that image is stuck in my head!"

Bucky laughed again and joked, "That just means I'm doing my job right!"

The room erupted into laughter at Loki and Eva's expense. Breakfast continued with small talk and plans for the day.