Chapter 21

Steve stumbled after Eva as he asked, "Baby, what are you going to do?"

Clint came to his bedroom door and watched Eva stomp past as she said, "I already told you!"

Bucky, who never went to bed, sat in the main room and looked up when the couple entered as Steve replied, "Baby, please. At least wait-"

Eva turned to him, causing Steve to stumble a bit when he suddenly stopped. "Not happening, Steve! She had you questioning yourself!" She clenched her fists, a sign Clint and Bucky took to mean bad news. "She hurt you!"

Steve was still crying, even as he tried to convince his fiancee. "Sweetheart, I'm fine. Please, don't do this."

He went to put his hand on her shoulder, but Eva shook him off. "No, you aren't fine! She got in your head and made you think so little of yourself! It ends now!"

Eva turned back towards the kitchen. Since Steve had a bottle of alcohol, Eva figured the red-headed woman was still in there. And she was. Nat looked up as Eva entered. It was clear that this was an unexpected turn of events for the Widow.

Eva got right in Nat's face and spat out, "You have some fucking nerve, Romanoff!"

Nat thought it best to act oblivious and asked, "And what did I do?"

Eva gave an angry smile. "Don't play dumb with me, bitch! I don't fall for the act!"

Nat sighed. "I didn't say anything that wasn't true."

Eva scoffed and stood up straight. "I may not be up on modern technology, but there is still one thing I can do."

The blond woman stomped towards the training room. Clint and Bucky parted ways like the Red Sea as she approached.

"And where is she going?" Nat had the nerve to ask.

Bucky grabbed the shot Nat had left on the kitchen island and downed it before replying, "You may want to get a gun."

Clint knew then that it was serious and said under his breath, "Ah, hell."

Then, everyone went after Eva.