Chapter 135

After a few weeks, Steve and Bucky tried to avoid any mention of weddings, dresses, decorations, or planning. Steve even avoided the word in meetings in case it set off the Zilla twins. The two men could hear the pair from the kitchen.

"Can we run away yet?" Steve asked his best friend. "Those two are driving me insane!"

Bucky sighed and replied, "As much as I want to say yes, Eva can find me and odds are, you'd be with me so... no."

Thor sat at the table, irritated as he said, "At least they're talking." He looked back at the common room where his fiance sat with Sam and Eva. "Loki has been distant as of late."

At that moment, Sam's voice began to carry into other rooms as he yelled, "No, I want the USO-themed reception."

"You don't want to fight me on this, bird brain!" Eva countered, her voice warring with Sam's.

Steve asked, "Why would Sam want a USO reception?"

Bucky took a shot of espresso before answering, "Eva took the forties theme, so now he wants USO."

Sam's voice played again as he said, "You're getting married first and got the forties!"

"You get to be married on the beach!" Eva argued. "That tops everything!"

Loki had enough and said, "At least you get to plan your weddings! Mine is on hold due to Odin!"

Steve, Bucky, and Thor ran to the door of the common room, ready to help if they needed to. Though, if the three men were honest with themselves, they hoped it wouldn't come to a fight. They didn't want to destroy the compound just because they had to back up their respective fiances.

But their intervention wasn't needed as Sam said in a calm voice, "Hey, it will be okay."

"Mischief, we didn't mean to be insensitive," Eva added. "I'm so sorry."

"Then stop the pointless arguing!" Loki responded, tears forming. "Everything I want I can't have because of him!"

Wanda tried to calm the distraught god by saying, "It's okay, Loki. After the visit, it should be fixed."

Bucky groaned, "I forgot about the trip to Asgard. Fuck."

Eva placed her hand on the raven-haired god's arm, saying, "Loki, we won't let you face him alone."

Sam came up next to Eva and added, "Yeah, man. It's your wedding. If he says no, you can still marry Thor here. We got you."

Thor laughed as he said, "Those two are something else, I swear."

From wanting to kill each other to supporting one of the others, anyone else would have gotten whiplash. But the team was used to the mood changes by this point. They were just glad that they didn't have to worry about things coming to blows like the color schemes had caused a couple of weeks prior.

"What if he tries to," Loki said, his nerves showing, "put me in a cell again?"

Eva became serious as she responded, "You have Bucky and I to draw strength from."

Bucky came up with a smile and added, "And the support of the Avengers."

Loki looked around. This was his family if his Asgardian one didn't accept him back. Everyone gave him an affirmative smile, causing Loki to look down, trying to hide the new wave of tears. All he wanted was to marry Thor, he didn't care where.

Thor came up and said, "While I want Odin to approve of us, as long as I marry you, I don't need it."

Loki looked at his fiance and asked, "You would give up everything for me? Asgard, mother, Odin, the throne... all of it?"

"ᛚᛟᚢᛖ - love, I would give my life for you."

"And I you." Loki gave Thor a loving kiss, showing what his declaration meant to him.