Chapter 148

"Everything okay?" Eva asked.

"Better than before," Bucky said, wrapping his arm around Sam, who leaned into him.

"Good." She looked wary, knowing this conversation could more issues if she wasn't careful. "You know, the Fourth is Steve's birthday. We really shouldn't take that from him." She smiled as Sam's head snapped up. "And I'm partial to August, anyway."

Sam nodded and said, "September would probably be best for us. Since ours is outdoors."

"Then, it's settled. Mid-August for Steve and me."

"Mid-September for us," Sam smiled, "with Loki in October and last since he needs the longest honeymoon."

Both knew as a prince marrying a prince, Thor and Loki would have to travel to all the different realms as a way to announce their union. It was a big thing and a duty neither would take lightly. Eva also knew that Loki was looking forward to the honeymoon more than the wedding itself.

Bucky looked between his sister and fiance in shock as he said, "Just like that? Everything's all good and the fighting will stop? Seriously?"

Eva became serious as she pointed out, "Well, there's still some details we need to settle."

"But a lot of the big stuff is taken care of," Sam added, "so for the most part, yeah, we're good."

Bucky smiled as he said, "Great! Finally, some peace!"

Sam chuckled, replying, "Sha, we still need to settle on the cake, outfits, menus, and only three months to do it in."

Bucky began to move away cautiously and responded, "Fuck me!"

"Speaking of menus," Eva interjected, "I want steak, chicken, and-"

Sam growled, "Girl, if you say shrimp or fish, I'm going to throw hands!"

"It was fun while it lasted," Bucky grumbled.

The three of them laughed and made their way back inside after retrieving Sam's bag. As soon as the door closed, they were met with a barrage of apologies from Wanda, Clint, and Yelena.

"Guys, we worked it out," Sam said. "We even settled on dates."

"If anything," Bucky said, "this brought Sam and me closer." He glared at the trio. "But never do that again."