Chapter 113

Over the next few hours, Tony and Bruce got to work with JARVIS to look at the info from Nat's message. It overwhelmed JARVIS, ultimately destroying the program that Tony had remade at Wanda's request. To finish the search, they were forced to reinstate FRIDAY, but Wanda didn't mind now that she had Bruce.

While the drama in the lab was taking place, Clint and Steve went to train. Even though Clint wasn't going to fight, the thought of his kids being in danger being a major distraction for the archer, he could still keep busy so he didn't do anything stupid.

Late in the afternoon, Eva walked into the gym to fetch them. She couldn't see Steve but she could Clint. He was letting loose arrow after arrow at the holographic enemies. She walks up to him.

"Hey, Robin Hood," she called out. "Time to-"

He turned fast, an arrow almost grazing her nose. She didn't look impressed. If anything, she looked amused.

"Don't sneak up on me," he said, a smile playing on his lips.

"As if you'd make that mistake," she joked, "but I'll keep that in mind for the future."

Clint began to put his things away. "So, what brings you down here? You already trained."

Eva laughed. "Food. Now, have you seen-"

Clint pointed over to punching bags in the corner. Eva bit her lip. Upon seeing the look in her eyes, Clint made a quick getaway. By this time, everyone knew how those two could get.

Eva made her way slowly to her man, eyeing him up and down. She knew his training had nothing to do with the mission, but with getting out his aggression. This became evident when the bag broke and flew across the room. He was sweating and breathing heavily, his white shirt clinging to his abs, teasing her and making her mouth water.

Steve turned and saw his girl staring at him. He had to admit, he loved that hungry look in her green eyes.

"Can I help you?" he asked, sounding annoyed but his face showed amusement despite his panting. "Or are you just going to drool over me?"

Eva looked him over again, answering, "As captivating as that sounds, dinner is ready."

"I'll be up in a minute." He turned to replace the broken bag and chuckled. "Evelyn, I can feel you staring at my ass."

She smirked when he looked back at her. "Can you blame me? I have a thing for America's Ass. It belongs to me."

He came up to her, pulling her in close. "Oh, does it now?"

She smiled, their foreheads together in their intimate embrace. "Yes, it does. Now, food."

She turned to leave, but Steve pulled her back in. "Get back here."

He kissed her hard. She moaned into his mouth. He picked her up and carried her to the locker room showers. She waved her hand and both were naked before even entering the tiny square.

"God, I'll never tire of that," he said.

"We have maybe ten minutes, Captain," she gasped as he began marking her skin.

"I only need five."

She turned on the water as he pinned her to the wall, thrusting upward. She gasped, ecstasy filling her as he hit the perfect spot without trying. Since they didn't have long, he didn't bother with going slow. Her nails dug into his back, her legs wrapped tightly around him.

"Stevie!" she begged. "I can't-"

"Just a little more, princess," he gasped.

"Please!"

"Let go!"

He captured her scream as he kissed her, drinking it in. She was milking him for all he had, her silken muscles like a vice. They didn't have time for proper aftercare, but Eva didn't mind. She was happy to help distract him for a moment, knowing she trusted him enough to be in charge. For a second, it was as if there had never been any trauma, and their old relationship dynamic was back. For her, that was everything.

Once cleaned up, dried, and dressed, they made their way to the dining room. Conversations started up as they ate.

Eventually, Tony asked, "So, Malifacent, why does Capsicle not call you 'Eva' like Bucky and Loki?"

"I think Steve should explain that one," she said, wrapping her arms around Steve's left one.

Steve sighed and said, "To everyone else, she's Eva. She is tough and kind and all of that. She never liked her name all that much. But when she meets someone new, she makes them earn the right to use her nickname. I used to call her that all the time. When we started dating, before the war threatened to hit our shores, I decided to call her 'my Evelyn'. I secretly looked up what her name meant, and... well-"

"My name means 'desire' or 'wished for.' I had asked him about it too. And he said-"

Steve stared into Eva's eyes, cupping her cheek. "'You're my Evelyn, my desire, the one I always wished for.'" He gave her a tender kiss. "That has never changed."

Bucky and Loki began teasing her and she hid her face in Steve's chest, her cheeks a crimson red. She glared at them after a moment and subtly moved her hand. Steve noticed and burst out laughing when their drinks spilled into their laps.

The rest of the meal was full of laughter and stories. They all knew they were trying to keep from thinking about what they might face once FRIDAY finished looking at the codes from Nat's message.