Chapter 55

Steve made his way out of the observation room, followed by Thor and Bucky. He didn't hesitate in going up to Eva. He wanted to pull her into a hug, and he saw a part of her wanted to hug him too. But after dealing with Nat, the fear was too close.

Still, he asked, "Are you okay, Evelyn?"

"I've been better," she replied in a sad tone.

He gave her a small smile. "I wouldn't have left her yelling like that after what she said."

Eva was pleasantly surprised by this confession. "Really? Wow. I haven't seen this Stevie since high school. I kinda like it."

"Is that so?"

She chuckled and ran her finger down his chest. "Oh, yeah."

It took everything in Steve not to pull her into a kiss, carry her to their room, and make love to her for the rest of the day. But that's not what she needed. His desires could wait. He just had to stay strong. But damn it if she wasn't pushing all the right buttons!

Thor, meanwhile, went to Loki and pulled him in lovingly as the golden god said, "I'm proud of you, ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love."

Loki smiled back at him and replied, "I surprised myself."

In fact, the green-clad god was also proud of himself for not jumping straight to stabbing the Widow. He knew why it wasn't the first thing on his mind, but still, he could be happy that he wasn't the angry man he was almost two years ago.

However, a stormy expression came over Eva's face and she turned to look at Loki, growling, "Should have let me slit the bitch's throat."

Bucky watched Eva stomp out of the hall towards the main living area. He was worried for his friend. She never wanted to harm another living soul physically before. Trauma changes a person, but not to this extent.

"That isn't like Eva," Bucky said.

Steve came up next to Bucky, the same worried expression on the blond man's face as he replied, "I know. It's one thing in the heat of the moment. But this? It's almost like-"

Loki cleared his throat and responded, "When my blood was injected into her, she took on some of my traits. Because of this bond, I also took on her traits. So-"

Bucky finished, "She tapped into your darker side. Can you break it?"

Loki shook his head. "Not that I am aware of. It was a bond that neither of us agreed on, so I'm not-"

Thor interjected, "Mother would know. I will go ask her. ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love, can you keep her calm until my return?"

The pale god nodded. "I'm sure I can, if the Captain and the Soldier help me."

"Of course," Bucky agreed at the same time Steve said, "You don't have to ask."

Tony came out and offered, "I still need to teach her how to use modern tech."

"Then, it's settled," proclaimed Thor before he kissed his boyfriend hard. "I will return soon."

"I'll be waiting," Loki said softly.