Chapter 133

Despite the dampener that Nat's escape had caused, everyone was buzzing with excitement. Unfortunately, Sharon and Yelena drew the short straws and had to stay on the helicarrier to update Fury on what had happened and get any information on any upcoming missions.

Wanda, Eva, Loki, and Sam sat in the common room. Wanda and Eva brought out so many wedding magazines, the room had started to look more like a teenage girl's bedroom. Champagne was brought out so they could all celebrate.

Eva knew then that Wanda had to be her maid of honor. True, they were best friends but her ability to take charge and help all three of them just solidified that decision. It was an easy choice for her to have both of her brothers give her away and asked them as soon as they returned home. Steve had initially wanted Bucky as his best man but decided on Sam as he knew Bucky would be a wreck and would need support.

Sam decided that his sister would pull double duty at the wedding as his best woman and the one to give him away. Bucky loved the idea and asked Eva to do the same for him, though Steve would be his best man. Both women had squealed at the thought of it. Sarah had been so loud, she almost busted the speaker on Sam's phone.

Loki's tradition didn't call for any kind of role like that, as Frigga would be the only witness needed as the queen and the mother to both Thor and Loki. A royal wedding would need more time and planning than the other two but had to be handled on Asgard directly, so Loki was there more to help Sam and Eva.

After about ten minutes of looking, Sam asked, "What if we did a three-way wedding? Everyone getting hitched at one time?"

Eva looked up and replied, "Too messy and too long. We all have different themes in mind and it'd be confusing."

"Besides," added Loki, "Odin would never allow Midgardians to marry on Asgard. Thor and I must have a royal wedding there. Non-negotiable."

Eva sensed some nervousness coming from her brother and took Loki's hand. Loki dreaded having to return to Asgard, but the only way he and Thor could be an official married couple in the eyes of their people was to obtain Odin's blessing. To Loki, it didn't matter where they married but he knew that Thor wouldn't be completely happy without his father's approval.

Wanda then suggested, "We can always set them a month or so apart. That gives the new couple time for a honeymoon and get back."

After a moment of thought, Eva said, "I like it!"

Sam got nervous and asked, "Will Bucky even go for that?"

"Of course he will!"

"So, why am I here and not with the guys?" Sam had to know, despite enjoying himself. "Same for Loki!"

"Please, we all know you're the bottom. You get to plan everything and be bossy. Enjoy it."

Sam emptied the last of the champagne he had as Loki added, "You can be more vain than me. Trust us, you'll want to plan."

Wanda laughed as she said, "Okay, so now that we've made fun of Sam, let's keep planning." She pointed to the coffee-skinned man. "No more top from the bottom, okay?"

Sam grumbled, "I'm just saying, I want a beer."

Eva rolled her eyes and said, "Then grab one and pick your damn colors already."

Sam went to the kitchen and brought back a few. Sure, he enjoyed the champagne but he was still a guy. If he was going to start this stress so soon after having to rescue Steve, he wanted something stronger than sparkling spicy juice.

Meanwhile, most of the men went to Tony's private bar to celebrate. They were playing pool and talking about past missions. In general, just shooting the breeze.

Then, Tony started to say, "So Batchelor parties-"

Bucky, Thor, and Steve all growled, "Not happening, Stark!"

"Ruin my fun, but fine."

None of the engaged men wanted to chance anything going wrong. If they got drunk or things got too crazy at a party Tony had planned, they knew what their partners would immediately jump to. If they could avoid bloodshed, then they would fight heaven and hell to do so.