Chapter 137

That night, after dinner was done, Loki looked at his siblings and asked, "Okay, why do you both look ready for war?"

"Can you blame us?" Bucky replied. "Your memories of Odin aren't very flattering."

Thor said, "I won't let my father harm him. You have my word."

"We trust you, Thor," Eva responded, "but don't expect us to trust Odin."

Loki looked at his brother and sister. He knew they were right, but he had just had a small victory. He wanted to savor the moment, not think of Odin's plots or how the people of Asgard stared at him.

"Let's sleep on it for now," the dark-haired god suggested. "We can discuss this later."

Loki and Thor made their way to their shared chamber. Loki was grateful Thor was not leaving his side. However, when he walked in, he saw all of the Avengers in his room.

"What's all this?" Loki asked in shock.

"We knew you wouldn't want to be alone," Tony said.

"And the room is large," Sam pointed out.

"We snuck out of our rooms to be with you," Yelena added.

"It was Thor's idea," Bucky replied with a smile.

Eva pulled Loki to the bed as she finished, "He thought that having a sleepover would help you feel safer tonight."

Loki nearly lept into Thor's arms, kissing him. He loved how much the golden god cared and would never tire of it.

"ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love, we are not alone," Thor reminded.

"I know," Loki said with a smile. "But this-"

"They will have to leave well before sunrise, but we weren't going to leave you alone, not when your nightmares would try to take you in the night. Now, what should we do?"

"Let's play truth or dare," said Tony. "I'm sure there's some alcohol here we can drink if you refuse to do something."

"Truth or dare, Eva," Clint said as the gods produced some Midgardian wine.

"Dare," she said.

"Give Steve a lap dance."

Everyone laughed. The night ended on a festive note. An hour before sunrise, everyone left for their own rooms. When he awoke, the only evidence of the Avengers being there were the pillows and blankets strung across the floor.

Loki smiled, got dressed, and went to look for his siblings and fiance. However, they were not to be found. Thinking they had gone to breakfast, he headed towards the dining hall. Along the way, he bumped into Frigga.

"Mother," Loki said, "have you seen Thor? He wasn't there when I awoke. I haven't seen Bucky or Eva either."

Frigga said in a grave tone, "Not as of yet, but your father wishes to speak to you in the throne room."

The look on her face told Loki that he would not like what was coming. His joy was replaced with what others would say was arrogance. Really, it was a mask to hide how worried he was. What was Odin planning?

Upon entering the throne room, Loki saw the three most important people in his life trapped in a magic cell. The mask slipped and Loki was appalled by the sight.

"They cannot see or hear us," Odin informed. "We have much to discuss."

Loki could not look away as Eva sobbed, "Not again! I can't be stuck in here again!"

Bucky was holding her. His own eyes were red. Loki couldn't tell if it was because of his own past or Eva's panic. The barrier between him and his siblings kept their bond from telling him anything.

But he didn't have to wait long for the answer as Bucky said, "Thor, please do something! I can't be in here any more than Eva can! You have to get us out!"

Thor tried to comfort the pair as he replied, "I have tried. I am sorry. We have to trust in Loki for now."

Loki looked up at the man he had always desired attention from. Now, the sight of the old man sickened him. He could hear the pain in Bucky and Eva's voices, but he acted as if none of it mattered. It was just a distant ruckus and easy to ignore.

"What are you doing?" Loki yelled. "Release them now."

Odin said, "In time. Now choose who will die. Thor, James, or Evelyn?"

Loki could not believe what he was hearing and asked, "What?"

"Two will live, but one will die. Who will it be?"