Chapter 60

Trying to appear as if she didn't want to rip the blond god's head off his idiotic shoulders, Eva asked, "You mind explaining it before I die of boredom?"

Thor, having grown up with Loki and seeing this nature, now understood what it meant. He was hit with guilt for a brief moment over not being able to help Loki through those times, but he squared his shoulders.

"This bond is special in that it ties you and Loki together," Thor tried to explain. "Because you were unwilling, it has been tainted. However, when finished, you and Loki will be as one. More powerful and more balanced."

"Are you sure?" Loki asked.

He wasn't sure if any part of the bond was a good thing or not. More power could corrupt him and Eva, but being balanced by her caring nature did sound appealing.

"Hold on," Steve interjected. "All of that was vague. I don't like it."

Bruce shook his head and Tony rolled his eyes. In fact, it seemed only Steve didn't understand.

"What does all of that mean?" Eva asked, worried.

Bucky made himself a drink and said, "You're turning into him and he's turning into you."

"Something like that," Loki replied.

It was the simplest explanation of a complex problem, at the very least. And it did help Steve understand it. The look in his eye told Loki that Cap was worried Eva would try to remake the Battle of New York. Even the raven-haired god had to admit, the thought of that very real possibility had crossed his mind as well.

"But you can fix it?" Clint replied, though it came out as a question.

Tony groaned and said, "Sounds like some magic mumbo-jumbo. Just don't blow up my compound."

Loki turned to Thor, asking, "There is a safety measure for this in case of a special circumstance like this one, right?"

"Yes," Thor responded. "If one is a danger due to the blood bond forced upon the participants, only one needs to agree to complete the bond, however, that-"

Sam jokingly said, "Hey, sha, you and Steve should do this ritual."

Bucky gave his boyfriend a look and shook his head. Sam had grown up in New Orleans and knew what these kinds of things could cause. Plus, neither had magic nor did they have Asgardian blood in them. It would be dangerous to mortals otherwise.

Bruce, wanting everything to be as safe as possible, replied, "I'll just go get a syringe and-"

Eva turned on Bruce, her powers rising to the surface as she growled, "You come near me with a needle and I will kill you all!"

Only Loki, Thor, Steve, and Bucky knew it was not an empty threat.