Chapter 124

No one wanted to be left behind, so FRIDAY had the compound on full lockdown. Clint hugged his family goodbye before shutting the door to the safe room. He wasn't risking it again. He knew Rhodey was on call if the compound was attacked, but it didn't make him feel any better after having his family taken from him. Still, he piloted the jet with all of the Avengers on it to the location Steve had sent them.

Correction. All the real Avengers. None of them could stand the fact that Natasha Romanoff had been one of them, talked and laughed with them, cried over painful moments with them, and lied to them about her true nature.

They all thought about this, how they could be so blind to the Death Widow's true self when they came upon a dilapidated, abandoned office building or possibly a hospital. It was hard to tell with the missing pieces and vines.

"Place looks ready to collapse," Tony said as everyone got ready.

Clint gripped the controls and said, "These are the coordinates. I'll land in the field. Don't need this bird indoors."

As the jet set down, Eva said, "I'm ready to kick some HYDRA asses!"

Loki turned to her, ordering, "This time, you stick with our brother."

Bruce said, "I'll stay on the jet with Clint. If it becomes a Code Green, everyone needs to be outside."

Clint stayed sitting in his seat. He knew that if he went in, he would lose himself to his need for revenge. So, he opted to guard the jet. Eva and Clint shared a look of understanding.

"Yes, yes," Loki replied in annoyance, "we understand."

"If they hurt Steve," Eva began.

"They're dealing with us!" Bucky finished.

Loki stood in shock and asked, "When did I become the responsible sibling?"

Sharon blocked the two super soldiers and said, "Guys, going in guns blazing will only make them kill Steve if he's even still here. He said they were moving soon."

"She's right," Wanda replied as they made their way back to the group.

"Try not to make it a Code Green," Bruce pleaded. "I don't like the spare clothes on the jet."

Yelena turned to everyone, strapping on her last gun as she instructed, "You find Her, let everyone know. It will take all of us to bring her down."

Bucky knew what Yelena was saying. He had trained her, he knew her skills, as did the blond Widow. Every time she was captured, Death Widow had been going easy on them. Maybe she did it to play with them or to not hurt Eva. It didn't matter. If Eva wasn't in the group, Bucky and Yelena knew that Nat would have the upper hand since she knew the layout of the building and they did not. Bucky looked around him, seeing if everyone also understood the implications.

Tony ordered, "Let's go rescue America's Golden Boy."

The jet doors opened as Thor said, "ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love, this time, stay with me, please."

Before Loki could say anything, Bucky replied, "Guys, Eva's already gone. Let's go!"