Chapter 2

Eva looked around, finally realizing how out of place she looked and felt. Her dress didn't match the outfits the other women were wearing. She didn't recognize anything around her, not even the clothes Bucky and Steve were wearing.

"Wait," Eva said. "Where am I? What-"

Steve held her shoulders, getting her to look up at him, saying, "Sweetheart, I need you to listen to me."

She looked into his eyes. She could tell he was trying to ease her into it, but he was having a hard time figuring out how to put something into words. To be fair, he was more of a drawer than a talker when it came to Eva.

"Steven Grant Rogers, don't water it down and just tell me," she demanded.

He began to get even more nervous, replying, "I'm not- it's just- sweetheart-" She gave him her big puppy dog eyes, and he knew he was in trouble. "No, don't look at me like that." She ran her hand over his bicep, adding a little pout. "Fine. I don't know how, but you traveled nearly seventy years into the future."

Eva gasped at the news. That was not what she was expecting. Okay, so she didn't know what she was expecting but traveling through time was not even on the list.

Someone was walking past on their way out of the building and had watched the whole exchange. He stood in the doorway and asked, "How the hell did she break him so fast?"

Bucky became agitated as he said, "It's her superpower, though she failed to keep him from joining the army."

"Oh, stop it, Bucky!" Steve admonished.

"It's called supporting him, James," Eva taunted.

Steve tipped her face up to him. "Stop teasing him, princess."

She looked up at him through her lashes. "Do you want me to tease you instead, sir?"

Bucky groaned and said, "Wait for it..."

The team got to see Steve's eyes darken and Eva's cheeks flush, how they hungrily began to devour each other before he began to push her down the hall to his room. They heard the door slam and the faint sound of clothes ripping. It was a side of Steve they had never seen before.

"I think I'm scarred for life now," Tony said in shock.

This sent everyone into a laughing fit. Nat, however, was not enjoying the moment. Jealousy coursed through her. With that, the man in the doorway left for his mission. He didn't like he didn't get to see the woman, but if it was a one-time thing, it wouldn't matter. He had more important things to think about. Steve could sleep with whoever he wanted. Eva was out of his mind. But his boyfriend's eyes as he walked away would forever be etched into his head.