Chapter 91

For the next several months, the team only got reports on the three missing members of their family. Sam's attitude was worried grump. Thor was upset, but he knew the man he loved would return to him in time, but it didn't stop fear from creeping in. Steve snapped at everyone, hiding his worry behind anger. Hank, Scott, and Hope were visiting often to try and help find the trio.

The only comfort the Avengers had was that their only targets were members of HYDRA, people who had hurt them in some capacity. The fact that no one had yet died and all of their enemies were handed over to SHIELD also helped. It proved that the three of them hadn't completely fallen to their dark desires.

After a week of no news, everyone sat in the main room. Wanda let a single tear fall.

"We need to bring them home, Brucie," she said in a small voice.

Bruce took her hand and replied, "I know, precious, but how? Between Bucky and Loki, we're lucky if we can get anything."

"He's right," Thor commented. "But we must not give up."

Fury and Hill came in as Steve growled, "What they're doing-"

"Is helping SHIELD," Nick interrupted. "They aren't doing anything illegal."

"But why hide from us?" Steve's voice rang through the room.

Clint sighed and responded, "Because we kept them out of the loop."

"I still can't believe you tried to hide things when you're engaged to Evelyn," Hank said, earning a glare from the lone super soldier.

"What if we set a trap for them?" Scott asked.

Sam said in irritation, "Shut up, Tictac. We need real plans."

The door banged open and everyone looked over. Bucky, Eva, and Loki sauntered in, looking stronger than they had before. They appeared to be a formidable team.

"You could just ask or call," Loki replied with a smirk, showing the three of them heard everything. "We never turned off our phones."

Steve clenched his fists and inquired, "What the hell have you been doing?"

Bucky handed Hill a USB as he replied, "What none of you could."

"Take down the enemy like real heroes do," Eva added with a glare.

"Good job on that last mission, you three," Maria said, looking over the files. "Take a rest."

Sam yelled, "Do you know how worried I was? You can sleep in your own room, Buck!"

Bucky, who had his own frustrations from being away, pinned Sam to the wall, gripping his face as he said, "Don't be a brat, doll."

Then, the dark-haired super soldier aggressively kissed his partner. Sam moaned and melted on the spot.