Chapter 5

After a while, Hope went up to Eva and asked, "How do you know my father?"

Eva looked at Hank in shock as she asked, "Father?"

Hank didn't know how his old friend would react, so he hesitantly said, "Yes. This is my daughter, Hope Evelyn Van Dyne."

Eva couldn't help her smile. "You named your beautiful daughter after me?"

"I thought that the particles I had discovered killed you."

She knew then that the name had been a tribute to her and Eva hugged Hank again. "You have nothing to feel guilty for, Hank." She pulled back to look at him. "You were the best boss I could have asked for."

Steve smiled and said, "Oh, so this is Hank."

The man in question looked at Cap in surprise as he replied, "Wait, you're Steve?"

Wanda looked at Eva and asked, "You told them about each other?"

Eva just smiled while responding, "Yes. Steve is my fiance and Hank is one of my best friends."

Nat said, in a pinched tone, "I don't see a ring."

Steve picked up on the note and said, "I couldn't afford one."

Oblivious to the growing tension between Steve and Nat, Eva added, "Instead, he drew one for me. He apologized for not having a ring, but I said yes."

Hope smiled as she said, "That's actually sweet."

Nat rolled her eyes. Steve pulled Eva to him. The look on her face gave him all sorts of ideas.

"Yeah," he said, "well, I will get you a ring, princess. I swear."

Eva whispered against his lips, "I know you will, Captain."

The look of hunger took over Steve's features. Bucky knew that look all too well, having seen it since before Steve was given the serum. He smiled. He had missed these moments even as he was grossed out by it.

"Just go," the dark-haired super soldier said. "I don't want to see what you two do."

Eva screamed as Steve threw her over his shoulder, "Steve! Oh my God! Don't drop me!"

"Never," he replied, heading back to his room.

Eva giggled as the door shut. Nat stared after them.