Chapter 103

Bucky finished telling everyone about his bond with his siblings with, "And that's how our family started."

Bruce smiled as he said, "I will need to run some tests on all of you, but it's interesting."

Bucky chuckled. "I'll set something up."

Thor then asked, "And the trauma responses? How are all of you handling that?"

Bucky's face fell. "Some days are better than others. We always know when it gets bad."

"So," Steve inquired, "how does it all work?"

Bucky could see that Steve still had an issue with Eva relying on others and decided to tease his best friend. "You know, it's way too easy to make you jealous."

A smiling Wanda then asked, "Do you enjoy being a triplet? What's it like?"

The one-armed super soldier returned the grin. "Just like a twin but there's more of us."

While the rest of the team rolled their eyes at the smart-ass remark, Wanda laughed. "Loki's rubbed off on you."

This kind of worried Steve, who said, "Are we sure that's a good thing?"

Thor shrugged and replied, "I see no harm. Loki may hide behind his wit but he feels deeply."

Steve made himself a cup of coffee. "I'm just saying, given his past-"

Bucky stomped up to Steve. He had enough of him judging his brother and his selfish attitude toward his sister. He took the mug and threw it against the wall, shattering it and making everyone jump.

"You know nothing about him," Bucky growled, "so shut the fuck up, Rogers!"

Steve was too shocked to do anything while Wanda used her powers to clean up the mess. Everyone else looked on, waiting to see if they needed to step in or not.

At that moment, JARVIS announced that Thor was needed on an emergency mission. He picked up his hammer and made his way out of the kitchen. He then went to the library and saw Loki reading. The way his brow knitted together, Thor knew he was thinking too much and didn't know what was going on in the story.

"ᛚᛟᚢᛖ- love, I have to go on a mission," Thor said, sitting next to his partner.

Loki's head snapped up, "But I want to spend time with you."

"I feel the same way."

"I can go with you."

"No, you stay here and rest. It shouldn't take long. I will be back no later than tomorrow. I promise."

Loki kissed Thor. "Then, you better hurry and get it done, but please, for the love of all that is holy, be safe."

"Of course, I will be safe."

Loki gave him a look. "Thor, I love you, but you are insanely reckless when in battle."

Thor laughed. "I promise to come back to you on my own two feet, breathing, and in good health. Does this satisfy you?"

"It will do." Loki gave a teasing smile.

Thor gave him another kiss, this one harder. It felt like he was sealing his promise. Then, he got up and went to the library balcony. With one last look at his lover, Thor twirled his hammer before flying off to be a hero.