Chapter 153

The first week in Paris was filled with all the sights and many romantic dinners. Being the wife of Captain America did have its drawbacks, however, as paparazzi followed Eva and Steve around to catch glimpses of them. More than once, their pictures were in the French newspapers.

As annoying as it was, the worst part was when the hotel staff would roam the hall near the honeymoon suit. They had put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, but more than once they found their things moved around.

"If you can't guarantee our privacy," Steve told the front desk manager, "we'll leave. We don't need your staff either looking for something to sell to the tabloids, or worse, letting strangers into our room."

"I'm incredibly sorry for all this," the man said in heavily accented English. "We have reviewed the cameras and the ones who have gone into your room have been dealt with, but we cannot control what people do. I will inform the staff that if this continues, they will be immediately terminated."

"Look," Eva said, "we just want to enjoy our honeymoon without worrying that our things will be taken or that our private life will be published for the world to see. If anyone were to look for my husband's shield, they wouldn't find it as we are on vacation."

"I understand, but we can't do anything until after the incident has happened. So far, nothing of value has been stolen."

"Except that someone stole our underwear," Steve said. "We've had to buy more twice now."

"Well, there is an underground market for celebrities' used clothes, hair and-"

"I don't care if it's for a charity auction!" Eva snapped, slamming her hand on the counter. "That is not normal behavior! And the messages left for us, or rather, me specifically! Do you honestly expect us to believe you would let death threats be delivered?"

"No, Mademoiselle. I can understand the concern. Would you like guards posted on the floor?"

Needless to say, halfway through their stay in Paris, Steve called Tony to fix the issue since this was more his area of expertise. The following day, no one bothered them, but the damage had been done in Paris.

The second week was more fun. Once again, they saw all the sights. While a few newspapers in London had their photo, no one invaded their space. The papers all wished Captain America and the Amethyst Sage a happy honeymoon.

Since they had some peace now, Steve and Eva spent the last day in their room. Eva felt an overwhelming need to make her husband feel good, and they spent all day making love. Well, half the day. Steve had decided to use the headboard as leverage to reach deeper than he had before and the entire bed began creaking. Just as they both finished, screaming each other's names, the bed snapped almost in half.

They called the manager in after they got dressed and informed her that the bed had broke. She insisted that they pay for it to be replaced and a clean mattress bought as well. Steve agreed to all the terms, but only after they left.

While the owners were more than willing to get a temporary bed put in, Eva and Steve said that the mattress on the floor was fine. They then returned to making love, enjoying having slightly less give.

The week in Rio de Janeiro was fun as they joined in the Brazilian Independence Day celebration. With fewer sights, the celebration was the highlight of the week. Even though she practically begged for a repeat of the London incident, Steve was more careful with the hotel furnishings.

The final week was spent exploring all the wildness of Hawaii. As fun as it was to make love at each location, Eva didn't seem to have the same energy after all the boat rides and snorkeling. She, of course, did her best but if Steve was being honest with himself, even their soft love was draining after spending all day hiking or swimming.

Near the end of their stay, Eva felt off and looked at her calendar. She wanted to cry, but instead, she went to a nearby store. Steve had been setting up a beach picnic for them and hadn't noticed Eva was gone for nearly an hour.

They enjoyed just sitting on the beach, soaking in the sun as they just took pleasure in each other's company. If only every day were like this.

Steve said, "I can't believe we go back tomorrow."

"I know," Eva said over the edge of her book. "I never want this to end."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, princess."

"You know I did!" She laughed. "I still can't believe we owe the London hotel a bed! The best night!"

Steve chuckled, remembering the flight to Paris. "I wouldn't say the best." Eva smiled up at him and dug a box out of her beach bag, handing it to Steve. "Okay, what is this?"

 "Okay, what is this?"

When he opened it, shock was the only emotion that could register

When he opened it, shock was the only emotion that could register. Inside was a shirt that read, "Hi, Daddy" and a note saying how they hadn't met but someone already loved him. There was a onesie that had the image of his shield on one side and "That's America's Ass" on the back that normally would have made Steve chuckle. Holding a positive pregnancy test was a Captain Ameri-bear, complete with his own little shield. Steve looked at Eva, tears in his eyes.

"Are you for real?" Steve asked, his voice threatening to crack.

"This is why it's the best," Eva answered.

"God, I love you." And he kissed her hard.

Okay, she couldn't be sure if they had conceived in London or if it was specifically that day, but it was the one day she knew she had an extremely high sex drive. She blamed Steve for the flight to Paris, as he had been the one in charge the whole time.

When they parted, they both rubbed her stomach. There didn't seem to be anything there, but to Steve and Eva, they now held the world.