Chapter 174

Eva stood atop a building near the center of Moscow, Russia. Just as the coordinates told her to. Just under five minutes left before she came face to face with the Death Widow again. The woman of Eva and Loki's nightmares.

Out of nowhere, there was a sting in Eva's neck and she passed out. Hours later, she woke up in a strange place. My plan better work.

Someone came up and threw a bucket of water over her. Eva gasped as the cold hit her hard. She didn't have her suit on. She was down to only basic clothing that did nothing to keep out the chill now that it was wet. The wind moving over her stung.

"Was that necessary?" Eva asked, shaking the drenched hair from her eyes.

The sea of Widows parted as the Death Widow approached, saying, "I am going to make a demonstration of you. You see, you have been away far too long."

Eva smirked. "You plan on talking me to death or something?"

Nat matched her expression. "Something much sweeter. I have to make sure the Widows don't get any ideas. Then, you and our daughter will join us."

Then, the redhead's hand pushed into Eva's stomach, threatening to puncture vital organs and tear through skin. She was torturing Eva, to make her submit or be punished. The magic-user screamed in pain. When the pressure stopped, Eva slumped forward.

Blood dripped from Eva's mouth as she spat out, "Fiona isn't yours." She chuckled. "And if that's your best, you've gone soft, bitch."

Nat wasn't amused and replied, "Fine."

She repeated the process, even pushing up to cause as much agony as possible. When she stopped, Eva vomited. Blood and a few remains of food littered the ground.

"I win," Eva gasped out.

Yelena, who stood at the front of the other Widows, looked at the ground before calling out, "Madam Death Widow!"

Nat looked at the vomit. There, amid the chunks was a piece of rounded metal with a small battery pack, no larger than a pea.

"What is it?" the redhead asked Eva.

Eva replied, "Your end."

The walls blasted open, revealing the helicarrier on the edge of a lawn. That's why it was cold. They were in the air. Armored jeeps carrying SHIELD Agents rolled in with most of the Avengers in at least one of them, though Eva couldn't see well. Ironman, Falcon, Warmachine, Rescue, and Wanda flew overhead. In the chaos, the Death Widow had disappeared into the flying fortress.

The Widows scattered to find cover and fight any agents that were on foot. The Wakandan jet stayed back, lighting the courtyard. Gunfire sounded all around Eva. She knew the guns held tranquilizers so that the Widows could be kept together. None of them would have agreed to return to the Red Room willingly and everyone knew that.

Then, she heard Steve call out, "Evelyn! I'm here!"

"What took you so long?" Eva asked.

"You know, traffic."

Steve had to try and joke at a time like this, and it earned him a small chuckle. Eva was still weak from the sedative used on her, but gaining strength fast. Steve cut the ropes holding her, catching his wife as she stumbled. But she would not stop now, not when they were so close. She didn't bother drying or clothing herself, wanting to conserve energy for what awaited them.

"Let's end this," Eva said.

Loki threw a grenade above the group of Widows and Wanda exploded it. With how worried he was for Eva and Fiona, Loki's magic had a chance of faltering and they couldn't risk it.

Red dust rained down, and the Widows were free once more. Sharon ran to Yelena and kissed her hard. The White Widow ran her fingers over her girlfriend's face for a moment, trying to recenter her mind after what had happened.

When she looked around, anger filled Yelena and she said, "Not again. Widows, let's help end this bitch!"

With SHIELD, the Avengers, and the Widows against her, everyone knew that the Death Widow would soon lose the fight.