Chapter 17

About an hour later, Bucky and Clint had finished telling Steve everything they knew about what was going on with Nat. They even told him their plan.

"So," Clint said, "what do you say, Cap?"

Steve hesitated for a moment before looking at his best friend and asking, "Are you sure, Buck?"

"I'm sure, Steve," the dark-haired super soldier replied. "I hope I'm wrong, but she's acting like I used to, if not worse."

This worried Steve. "Do you think Evelyn could be in danger?"

Clint, still wanting to try and save his own best friend, defended Nat by saying, "It's a crush. She takes these things a bit far. That's all. We stop it and reel her in, things go back to normal."

The blond soldier jumped up from his chair and paced. "What if it doesn't? If Nat keeps this up-"

Bucky interrupted, "We won't let it. I'll let Yelena know and get her home."

They all knew it was their Hail Mary, and the other Widow may not be able to return in time. But it was all they had left if Nat didn't stop.

Clint began chuckling as he suggested, "I could use my new taser arrow on her."

This sent the two super soldiers into a laughing fit with the archer. However, while they were planning, none of them knew that Nat suck into Eva's med bay room.

She stared at the sleeping woman. Her training was thorough enough to allow her to stand right next to the bed and managed to move some hair from Eva's face. The blond woman stirred but did not wake.

"Soon," Nat whispered. "Soon, любовь - love. Soon, you will be mine."

Eva moaned in her sleep. It was as adorable as it was a turn-on. Nat couldn't risk anything now. She had to bide her time. She left, her first stop the office supply room to get a package of batteries.