Chapter 102

Bucky's flashback continued as he told the team about what happened after.

The trio made their way back to the safe house they were using in the middle of town. It was no more than a two-bedroom apartment that had seen better days. They didn't complain, but the amount of takeout meant that they were going on more runs than they normally would.

They were in the middle of packing when Bucky asked, "So, what now? Do I have powers like Eva?"

"No," Loki explained. "She got powers because my blood and the serum mixed with the poison." He smiled. "You'll just sense things through us."

Eva popped her head in with her bag in hand, Bucky hearing in his head, And Twin telepathy. It's the best part of all this.

Bucky looked between his brother and sister, laughing as he said, "Okay, that's pretty cool."

Eva glared at Loki. "Why would you not tell him about that?"

Loki sighed and answered, "You said to ease him into it. That's what I was doing."

Eva scoffed. "That didn't mean keeping things from him, Mischief."

Loki growled. "Don't turn this on me, sister. I wanted to tell him everything, but you said-"

Eva's eyes began to glow in anger. "Don't make me the bad guy!"

Loki stalked toward her. "Oh, like you're so pure-hearted. Who wanted to kill her on sight? Oh, right. That was you, sister."

Bucky got between them and said in a commanding voice, "Enough! Separate now!"

Loki and Eva had the decency to look ashamed. It was like getting scolded by a parent or-

The triplets looked at each other in shock as a near-instant dynamic had been formed. It was clear Bucky was in charge. They all knew it had nothing to do with age, but everything about their healing journeys. Bucky was further along on his, Loki coming in second, and Eva last because she kept trying to force herself to heal, and thus was behind her brothers.

Bucky said with a sigh after a moment, "No blaming each other. Just make me a list." He looked between his siblings. "Loki, you should have told me, but Evelyn, don't cause trouble."

Loki looked exasperated as he replied, "But-"

Eva laughed and said, "You should listen to our big brother, Mischief."

They shared a laugh before locking the apartment and heading to the jet. Bucky began flying, Loki secured their luggage, and Eva sent the information they had gathered. The one-armed super soldier smiled to himself, feeling more content with his new family than he had in a long time.