Chapter 67

A few days later, the compound had an unexpected guest, who said, "Hey, guys. Fury has news."

Sam was in a bad mood, not having his coffee yet, and responded, "Not today, Sharon."

"Sorry, but he said it was urgent. That it would help Evelyn and Loki."

At that moment, Eva walked in with Loki trailing behind her and asked with a chuckle, "Someone say my name?"

Loki rolled his eyes and said, "You know she did. You were-"

The woman, whom Eva remembered Steve describing to her years ago as Sharon Carter, interrupted, "SHIELD may have found a lead. My girlfriend finally got back from her mission."

Unimpressed by this news, Eva asked, "How does that help?"

Staring into his cup of fresh coffee, Sam said, "Sharon is dating Yelena Belova, her sister."

Anger flared in Eva, her eyes glowing green. "How do we know we can trust her? She could-"

Sharon was instantly on the defensive, stating, "Yaya would never! Unlike her sister, Yaya was brainwashed. She also has an idea of where her sister might be. Fury thought you'd want to know so you could-"

Eva let out a growl. "I'm going to kill her."

Another blond woman, who Loki and Eva assumed was Yelena, said in a heavy Russian accent, "You can't just kill her. She's still my sister."

Sharon gave a flirty smile and said, "Hey, baby."

Yelena gave her a small kiss. "Hello, милая- sweets." She turned back to Eva. "Look, I know what she did, but I still-"

Eva's face darkened more as she replied, "How can you love a monster like her? After what she did-"

Yelena gasped. "She is no monster. She is what Dreykov made her. She needs help."

Loki yelled, "After what she did, why would we help her?"

Steve added, "She tortured them, brainwashed Evelyn, and she-"

Yelena shrugged and replied, "Granted, it is bad. But she is mentally sick."

Clint nervously played with his chin as he said, "You're not helping, Lena."

Yelena looked at Clint for a moment before looking back at Loki and Evelyn. There was pain, fear, and anger behind their eyes. But Eva's were glowing with the need for revenge.

"I'm going to enjoy paying her back for every nightmare and every scar," the purple-haired woman said with a dark smile.

Steve walked towards Eva, saying, "Sweetheart, this isn't you."

"Yes, it is." She looked at Yelena and threw her words back at her. "This is what she made me into."

Yelena could see that the reports given to her were not as detailed as they should have been. Perhaps whoever had written them had hoped the blond Widow could get her sister back and healed so they could employ her again. Stupid politicians, the blond thought to herself.

Loki rounded on Eva as he said, "Don't let her take your humanity too!"

Eva looked shocked and asked, "What are you saying, Mischief?"

Loki took a breath. "After everything she did to us, your humanity is the-"

Eva burst into tears. "But she already took it!"

It was Loki's turn to be stunned. "What? No, she-" Then, like a rubberband snapping into place, the repressed memory jumped to the forefront of his mind and he began crying as well. "It- it didn't happen, Eva. It didn't!"

"It did and you know it!"