Chapter 70

Andy was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. She put on her headphones and began to dance salsa very excitedly. She was so cheerful that she didn't notice when, a few minutes later, Robert had woken up and was walking into the kitchen. He then slowly walked over and hugged her from behind, surprising her. He took one of her headphones and put it to his ear. He took his wife's hand and started to dance with her.

Robert: Good morning my love!

Andy: Good morning.

She gave him a soft kiss and continued dancing with him. As they danced, they still exchanged smiles, and also a few words:

Robert: I didn't see you when you arrived. Why didn't you wake me up?

Andy: You slept so well and I thought you'd better get some more sleep. You needed to rest.

Robert then stopped dancing and started stroking her hair.

Robert: I have to go to the Department in a little while and I've only had a little time with you since we arrived from New York. You could have woken me up.

Andy: I also wish I had more time with you. But, in the way that is possible, we are together. It's just a few minutes, but it's the most important part of my day.

Andy started to turn towards the kitchen counter, where she was preparing the meal.

Andy: I made our breakfast. I'll put it on the table.

Robert: We're not going to eat cereal out of a box, are we?

He laughed mockingly at his wife.

Andy: You love my cereal. I know you keep eating hidden from me.

He laughed again, for it was true. Many times when he was home alone, he ate her cereal.

Robert: Well, eating your cereal is the only way I can feel like you're at the table with me during breakfast, but a real breakfast needs real food.

Andy pretended to be hurt.

Andy: If you must know, I made our breakfast a bunch of things that we both like to eat.

Robert went to her and started to give her small kisses on the nape of her neck.

Robert: I'm sorry. I was just kidding. I love the things you do.

Andy: I shouldn't apologize to you. I could be at Joe's bar with our friends right now, but I chose to be here making you breakfast and you act like it.

Robert continued to kiss her to try to receive forgiveness. She was still reluctant, but actually she wasn't mad, she was just enjoying the game they were playing, in which she got lots of kisses in return.

Robert: So you didn't want to go to the bar? You could have gone with them. I know how much fun you have with them.

Andy turned to face her husband, looked into his eyes and said:

Andy: Nothing would make me happier than having this moment with you. Being in our house together is something I never imagined would be as valuable as it is now.

Robert: I feel the same way. This house is my favorite place because everything here reminds me how lucky I am to have an amazing wife like you. And when you're here, I just wish time would stop so we could be together without worrying about anything else.

Andy didn't need to hear any more to be sure he'd made the better choice in going home instead of going to the bar. She kissed her husband passionately and was reciprocated with the same intensity. Perfect sync between their lips, touches and heartbeat. They both knew they wanted more, but they also knew they couldn't go beyond kissing right now, so they enjoyed every second of it.