Chapter 75

Elena: I have a good idea to raise the necessary money.

Andy: Which one? I really can't think of anything that can be done in such a short time.

Elena: We're getting closer to Halloween. We are going to throw a big costume ball and invite big business people and other possible investors.

Andy: Okay. Sounds like a good idea. But we need to have some argument for them to make donations.

Elena: We need everyone's commitment to create a very scary decoration at the station. We will serve themed food and drinks and get them really excited about our party and then, at the right time, you will take the stage and announce the need for donations.

Elena explained her whole idea to Andy and she was excited about organizing the event.

The two spent a long time planning the details of the party. It was late when Robert arrived home and was surprised to see Elena and Andy in the office, using the computer.

Robert: Excuse me. Do I get in the way?

Andy looked toward the door and smiled at her husband.

Andy: You never get in the way.

Elena: Robert, I'm sorry for being at your house until this time. It's already late. I got distracted and didn't notice time passing. But I'm already leaving.

Robert: I'm surprised to see you today, Elena, but I'm also happy to see you two together. You can stay here as long as you want.

Elena: Thank you dear. You're always kind, but I really don't want to bother them anymore. I am leaving.

Andy: Mom, you didn't tell my dad you're in Seattle. Maybe it would be better to go to his house tomorrow. It's already very late. He must already be asleep.

Elena: You're right. I better go to the hotel.

Robert: Not at all. You sleep here tonight, in the guest room.

Elena: I don't want to bother you. There is a hotel nearby. Do not worry.

Andy: Robert is right. You stay with us tonight. And subject closed.

Robert laughed at the way Andy said it.

Elena: She certainly got that personality from me.

Everyone laughed.

Andy: I'm going to order a pizza.

Elena: Nothing like that. I'll make us dinner. Now you will enjoy the moment with your husband while I cook.

Robert: You two really are the same.

Everyone laughed again.

Robert and Andy went to their room while Elena went to prepare dinner. Later, while they were eating, Andy and Elena told Robert the idea for the Halloween party and he loved it. He commented that he knew several influential people and big businessmen in the city. He was in charge of making the invitations and convincing them to go to the party.

When Andy woke up the next morning to go to the station, she heard noises coming from the kitchen. She got up and went to see what it was. Soon she saw Elena preparing breakfast.

Elena: Sorry, did I wake you up with my noise?

Andy: No. It was time to wake up to go to the station.